Hazard stripes on Iron Warriors

Hi Guys.

Just a quick question.

I was wondering if anyone has put up a HOW TO thread on painting hazard stripes on Iron Warriors?

I have painted a Rhino in IW livery and to get the hazard stripes I used some masking tape (being a car body sprayer) the dimensions of the tape I used was 2mm and 5mm wide. I want to go a little bit thinner maybe 1 1/2mm for the men.

I don't have a good enough hand with a paint brush to paint them free hand and wondered if someone knows away round this?

Many thanks in advance.

Si.

Things that don't belong in the tutorials area:

Questions that aren't a tutorial for starters.

"What color do I highlight Scorpion Green with?" Isn't a tutorial or even a tutorial question. That is for General PCA Questions.

"Does anyone want a tutorial on X?" If you have a tutorial then just post it. You can find tutorials that people are looking for in the Tutorial Requests Thread.

"Where can I find/buy model/paint/tool X?" Again this is something for General PCA Questions.

Basically if it isn't something that isn't a step by step instruction it shouldn't be in here!

Moving the topic to where it belongs.

the way i found easiest was painting the area yellow (building up through the browns into a nice solid yellow) cause painting yellow over black is horrible

then using a mechanical pencil gently draw the lines ( carful not to scratch the yellow) to paint the black in. this allows you to evenly space the lines and gives you lines to follow.

got no pictures though.

That's sound like a good idea. The way I did my Rhino was Iyanden Darksun foundation (x2 coats) then dry brushed on Sunburst Yellow (x3 coats) the masked up the hazard stripes at 5mm strips. Then added Chaos Black via my dry brush and washed it down with one coat of Badab Black and 2 coats of Delvin Mud.

Archived