A knightly problem

This may be a little premature, but i'm planning on building my Grail Templars army up to an apocalypse sized force (probably with a little help from some friends in the Ordo Xenos >.>) which will involve, among other things, a knight titan

my issue is, how would i go about building it, should i go with the tried-and-true defiler method, or go a little radical and pick up a Nemesis Dreadknight to work with, and either way, what should i do from there?

Defiler-based Knight Titans have the potential, simply because of the amount of plastic in the kit, to be bigger... much bigger... than a Dreadknight (although the DK is still pretty big, a bit less than twice as tall as a Dreadnought).

The advantage of the Dreadknight is that it is alread humanoid in shape, and thus saves a bit of the fiddlier conversion work. Plus, no Chaos iconography to file off.

Note: this comes from someone who has not tried making Knight Titans out of either one. These are simply the conclusions I've come to after having seen conversions using both all around the web.

There's no established way to create a Knight Titat, you'll just have to go with what you think suits you best.

The Dreadknight has a lot of potential and the legs and arms require less work than with the Defiler. On the other hand, the Defile kit is more blocky and allows for a more stocky design.

Of course, you can also go other routes. A while back, I was working on these Robots going with Bits only, though they are smaller than a Knight Titan would be.

I also recommend searching through the topics of the forum member bobpanda: This one in particular.

Just some ideas and pointers. :tu:

I have similar mechaniations in mind for the Dreadknight. I intend to use the DK as the basis of a knight titan and use a Sentinel cockpit mounted to the chest and most likely a couple ping pong balls for the large shoulder pads. Beyond that I will have to have the kit in my hands to figure out the rest.

Archived