First Claw

slaine69

It certainly is a busy picture (but so is the majority of 40K images), but I absolutely love it to bits.

Well done Sir, well done!

yeah 40k pics take no prisoners when it comes to cramming as much as possible into the picture, cheers dude

Someone should send you a tank to do freehand on or something. Heck, I'd even buy a Titan just to see you put a picture of the Emperor on it.

Have you ever done any freehand work on models?

I've messed around with like screaming souls on armour and stuff like that but I can't say ive ever really thought about anything more than that, heh I have now though.

your work continues to amaze me :tu: tell me, will you be doing the rest of the primarchs any time soon? ;)

thanks man, yeah definitely gonna carry on with the primarchs when I get some spare time which is in short supply these days but I'[ll get 'em posted here when they're done, I'm still working on angron right now but it's tough drawing him as angry as angry as he is

That is awesome. :drool: :jaw: :jaw:

haha cheers dude

*jaw hitting floor*

cheers man

jimmeny jillickers!

brother this is awesome

thanks a lot man much obliged

MINE, ALL MINE.

For the record, I've got it in full-size, with all the juicy detail, here: http://aarondembskibowden.files.wordpress....night_lords.jpg

It has to be seen to be believed. The attention to detail is insane.

sure is dude and cheers again for a Suh- claud- van -damn- Weet pic to draw.

The work seems very rough to me but saying that, in this case, it adds to the character of the peice - great stuff! :)

aye it is rough but I never really got into the hyper real way of drawing I tend to lose a lot of the pictures motion when it's all slick and shiny, though there is a piece I was thinking of doing of a space marine in new armour and making it look kinda like a new ferrari and that would have to have to be sharp, aaaaaanyways cheers dude

So who is who on the picture? :D

It has to be seen to be believed. The attention to detail is insane.

You're not kidding. On the far right fella, what I thought was simply a decapitated head when zoomed out, is actually a skinned face draped over a yellow helmet (Imperial Fists I suppose). I'm going to play a little where's waldo on this and see what else sticks out when zoomed in.

EDIT: Oh good, it's equal opportunity, I see an ork and space elf head in there too.

haha no racism here dude these guys hate everyone

Very nice work!

cheers dude

Mercutian looks wicked with the Heavy Bolter. :devil:

thanks man

very cool picture!

what kind of program or technique does one use to create artwork like this?

cheers dude, I use photoshop pretty much from start to finish at the moment I'm using CS5 but it's only a recent change from CS3 which I used for about four years beforehand, as for techniques there's no substitute for sketchin' your ass off until you get it right heh.

That picture literally reads like a story.

Is that Jezzarah's head on Talo's belt? ... awesome.

haha good eye dude it sure is.

My favorite parts of this piece are the winged helmet (first time I've seen them done without looking goofy) and the bionics. I'm sure this group photo was taken after the events on a certain space hulk...

Fantastic work as always, Slaine.

thanks a lot man, it took an attempt of two to get it nailed but I had great feedback from A.D.B which made it a lot easier.

pure awesomesauce!

ha cheers man

Bluh Blub Uh Guh Ooh Blah Gaa!

I'm speechless! A D-B did well in choosing you. That's quite possibly some of the finest art I've ever seen, official or not.

cheers dude I really appreciate that

So who is who on the picture? :D

From left to right:

Variel, Xarl, Uzas, Talos, Cyrion, Mercutian

darn' tootn'

Awesome work. That should be the cover of the omnibus when it comes out in a million years (AKA not soon enough!)

thanks man

I agree. He should start drawing for GW. The art quality would improve greatly.

ha cheers dude, y'hear that GW?

i think i love you

and a stern manly hug to you too

Fantastic work! Though I don't think I;d want this hanging in my room while I'm trying to sleep. Maybe I should start reading the book series

ha cheers man

I...words....Not....Gah...

So great! May I use some part of this for a new avatar? By throne this is amazing.

Cheers!

cheers dude, sure dude, if its ok with A.D.B

Very grimdark and horrific, something starting to be lost I think in recent artwork... Seksy, me likey very much...

sweetness thanks man

That picture is bigger than my tv.

How can someone draw a picture that means you have to buy a projector to look at it?

Well cool.

hehe I zoom a lot, thanks man

Like said on devart: you have come far. I really like to see more of this caliber from you.

Good job!

aw man to be honest I'm only as good as the commission I get, I only put someone else's idea onto paper.....or pen tab......or monitor.

Simply awe inspiring. I don't know what else to say. It's a sensation I'm unfamiliar with. :devil:

:drool: :jaw:

thanks man, love the avatar, wuff wuff, thats a labrador!

Gw needs to buy the rights to this...

aint my call anymore dude I chuck the rights in with the image, not on any formal contract but if it's used at all it's with permission.

great work mate!

the attention to detail is fantastic :jaw:

thanks a lot dude

New wallpaper.

Cheers to A-D-B for sharing the highres image, you totally didn't have to and I certainly appreciate it!

sweet

I know right?

Just listened to Throne of Lies again, and these now are the heads that pop into my mind when the characters are speaking.

mwahahahah wicked cheers dude

Simply awe inspiring. I don't know what else to say. It's a sensation I'm unfamiliar with. :unsure:

:D :tu:

thanks man, love the avatar, wuff wuff, thats a labrador!

My pleasure. Nice to see someone go through so much effort to address each individual fan ^_^

Arf Arf Arf Arf......that's my other dog imitation.

:teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

yo dudes and dudettes (as applies!) thanks again for all the awesome comments it really does make my blush and giggle like a girl, thats a good thing right? no? OK hows about, give a fanged grinn and boom laughter like a blood satiated khornite, better? aaaaaaaanyways here are some of the prep sketches I done for Aaron to make sure I was getting the characters down, hope you guys enjoy 'em

Xarl

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/110/b/4/xarl_by_slaine69-d3ef9yl.jpg

Variel

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/112/1/e/variel_the_flayer_by_slaine69-d3ekvto.jpg

uzas

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/113/5/e/uzas_by_slaine69-d3eo1eq.jpg

Cyrion

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/116/d/7/cyrion_by_slaine69-d3ex6ad.jpg

Mercutian

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/117/b/8/mercutian_by_slaine69-d3f05cz.jpg

Night lords design page

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/118/d/c/night_lords_design_page_by_slaine69-d3f4etb.jpg

I always love wip pictures and design sketches. It allows you to get a glimpse of the madness behind the creation. :)

Also, Firepower: "To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers." Gotta say, it's a favourite film of mine too.

Dang....that sketch of Uzas warms my heart, there's a very violent look to him, man. Variel is a damn close 2nd place. Out of of curiousity, if you ever land some free time, would you ever consider a sketch of the War-Sage? Considering the level of detail you pack into every inch of these guys armour, I'd love to see you at least sketch up your vision of his sarcophagus. Anyway, awesome work, brother. Keep it up.

holy grim dark moly! it get's even better :(

i'm loving the sketches, and i'm still stunned by your attention to the little details!

and thanks for the personal reply ;)

Out of of curiousity, if you ever land some free time, would you ever consider a sketch of the War-Sage? Considering the level of detail you pack into every inch of these guys armour, I'd love to see you at least sketch up your vision of his sarcophagus. Anyway, awesome work, brother. Keep it up.

gotta second that, a sketch of the war-sage would be absolutely awesome!

memo to myself: harass ADBs blog until he begs Slaine69 to create a Malcharion!

Archived