Campaign: Liber Astartes

Cpt_Reaper

The 25th Founding Hellbenders would be honored to defend the Imperium in either Pacificus or Tempestus, as the homeworld is situated just on the Pacificus side of that border, rimward of the Sabbat Worlds.

This sounds like fun, and would push me to finally go back to work on cleaning up my IA.

seems like a good idea, but....

"pre-established winner and loser"? why?

surely it would work better to get a story and participants together, fights some wars, and then right the end story around the results?

if theres a mass imperial victory the enemy is driven back, if they lose write that a group of planets fell into the hands of the xenos.

Wow, this thread grew from just being two pages to seven pages in two shorts days. Chapter Master Ignis Domus and Ferrata my chapter is currently the 23rd founding. Also i am glad to be a part of this, i need a motivation too complete my IA.

seems like a good idea, but....

"pre-established winner and loser"? why?

surely it would work better to get a story and participants together, fights some wars, and then right the end story around the results?

if theres a mass imperial victory the enemy is driven back, if they lose write that a group of planets fell into the hands of the xenos.

This isn't meant to be just another narrative gameplay campaign, but rather a fluffed out campaign from which gameplay and rules can be taken, much like the Imperial Armor books. So yes, there probably will be scenarios and rules for special units, but those will be secondary and based on the fluff.

If you're looking for a worldwide campaign-type thing, there was a discussion a while back about that. Try talking to Brother Tyler. He was one of the main people involved in the thread.

Sorry to have not included any details about my Chapter earlier, but the Sanguinary Phalanx is a 22nd Founding Chapter.

I definitely agree that what we are trying to do here is define a slice of history within 40k, not make a playable campaign. Our goal is to provide settings in which to recreate past battles that occurred during whatever event we decide upon. If that means the leader flips a few coins to determine the winner or we take a vote, I think that it all pans out, but we're not looking for open-endedness here.

The only reason that I disagree with a hive fleet is because there is very little tactical complexity to the Tyranid menace. They swarm. They're not stupid, per se, but they are much more instinctual than any other force and I think that makes them a poor enemy for us to use; they won't react as well to feints, duplicity and the like which turns this into a slugfest instead of an interesting tale of tactical acumen and spectacular victories on both sides.

If you're looking for a worldwide campaign-type thing, there was a discussion a while back about that. Try talking to Brother Tyler. He was one of the main people involved in the thread.

Coincidentally, that project is moving forward, albeit slowly. It received some major attention this weekend, before this little project sprang up like wildfire.

An idea for an Ultima campaign could also be a similar thing to the Zeist Campaign where loads of Chapters sent marines to assist, not sure but that was against the Tau wasn't it? It could be Zeist 2: Do you guys get it yet?

That would probably work, though making it the sequel would result in problems, as that was relatively recent. We would also have to watch force sizes, since anything on that level that occurred after the 26th Founding would have been noted. I like the name, though. ;) :D

Yea, Ultras VS. Tau was Ziest.

Im not sure Tyranids are the best enemy to fight, I think the mainenemy for us loyalists should be the Traitors, that way we can include the Traitor/renegade DIY chapters.

I really liked the idea, back a few pages, of some Chapter accidentilly releasing a Chaos minor god and causing a problem for the next thousand years or so...

Soooo it would have to be before then.....

What are the most momentous events in M41 that have occured (as per 5th edition) or are occuring currently

1) Ziest (997.M41)

2) Armageddon (current)

3) First Tyrannic War (date?)

4) Badab War (early M41)

I cant think oif more of the top of my head...

When was the 12th Black Crusade??

Anyway, I think the easiest way is to Either choose an event as our backdrop OR define a completely new storyline. In fact, we could do either one of these ideas for each Segmentum. We need to decide on the story per segmentum. That, imo, should be the next stage, and we should have a dedicated thread to each Segmentum.

Cheers,

Boh

My Knights Venator are still listed as 11th Founding, it was supposed to be 7th. Don't mean to be a pest, but if it comes up in the campaign I want it all to fit together.

Bohemond: The only problem with the Chaos God thing is that it couldn't be done for any of the newer chapters, as that's a tad on the major side. It would work fine with any older groups.

We're going for either the fleshing out of a totally unfleshed out event, or, more preferably, the creation of an entirely new event.

Nemesor: I'm sure Ferrata will get to it whenever he has time. No need to worry, the founding dates are mainly there so that we know what time period we have to work with.

On the first half of the schedule, the getting things organized bit, here's what I've come up with:

1. Finalize list of members, and divide into groups based on Segmentum. Give something like three days after the cut-off for people to fill in that information, as it will probably take that long before we assign Segmentums and everything.

2. Since it seems to be unanimous that we'll have one overall leader with subordinates, we can skip that and go straight to deciding who's in charge of what. To that end, we may want to do a poll, though that may not be necessary. We should also have someone to defer to in case the overall boss is unavailable.

3. Get everyone's Segmentums decided, excluding fleet-based chapters. If we could get a subforum, so as not to clutter up the Liber, and to keep everything where we can see it, that would be great.

4. Have each Segmentum decide on a basic campaign idea, then assign the fleet-based chapters wherever they fit best. I don't want to assign them earlier, as that would impose potentially needless restrictions on the various projects.

I don't want to schedule out anymore until we've passed step 3, so we don't have to go back and rewrite. Again, a subforum would be great if we could get one.

I had the same basic idea for organizing Ignis Domus but wasn`t quick enough to post it. Good job and i agree with this completely except for one thing. This idea will need the full help from everyone taking apart in it to become a sucess. I think a vow of completetion for all members is need to prevent people from joining and then quiting soon after.

I had the same basic idea for organizing Ignis Domus but wasn`t quick enough to post it. Good job and i agree with this completely except for one thing. This idea will need the full help from everyone taking apart in it to become a sucess. I think a vow of completetion for all members is need to prevent people from joining and then quiting soon after.

I, Aquilanus, will do my utmost to ensure the completion of [insert name of Campaign book]. I will ensure that I add as much to this project as is (in)humanly possible, to offer encouragement to my fellow Frater in all things, and to remember that should I falter, my Ultimate Fateâ„¢ will be decided by He Who wields the Bowling Ball of Doom......

Praise the Emperor! / Death to the Corpse god!*

*Delete as appropriate

:wink:

Thanks for liking the idea. I was also thinking that after we get everyone that wants to help involed and ranks given, we could possible get a few campaign ideas. The basic idea is that everyone involed get a few days to write some ideas for the campaign. Then the leader of this program writes up a basic summary that uses everyone ideas to create a basic outline for the campaign. Then as a whole everyone votes and give their opinion on the outline. After everyone voice is hear about the outline, the person in charge goes in and fix the idea some more. Everyone revote until everyone agree. I may be getting ahead of myself but this way the task at hand is more personal. What does everyone think?

Archived