prices for the Twin linked Assault cannon

Okay, so I'm gathering the parts for my rhino/razor backs and I want to be able to swap the turrets. So I need to get the Twin linked assault cannon. In the past I've ordered Bits from The War Store and never had reason to think they were shafting me. I went to order the Assault cannon turret, the one off the Land Raider Crusader sprue and noticed the price (This is just for the mount, the turret base and the 2 assault cannons mind you). They want $23.99 for the turret. The entire Sprue, from Games Workshop is $19.75. I called the ordering hotline to confirm the price, and yes. the $23.99 is correct. Am I missing something?

As a secondary question, are there other bit ordering sites I can check?

I don't think you're missing anything. It goes deep but I think it has to do with free market economy. Or at least what my limited understanding of it is. :confused: The War Store is free to choose what it charges. If people are willing to pay that price then there is no reason for them to want to drop it or even contemplate seeing if they need to drop it. It the demand went down, then they might be inclined to lower the price.

Personally I use Hoard O Bits for a lot of my bits needs. I like the service and the prices are quite good... the Canadian dollar exchange doesn't hurt. ^_^

Here's what you're looking for

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

arg for $17 I might as well pony up the extra $2.75 and just buy the whole flipping sprue.

Indeed you should. Some parts are cheaper when bought by the sprue, unfortunately. You can even make half of that money back by selling the sponson doors and mounts for a pretty penny.

I managed to find the land raider crusader upgrade sprue for 20 dollars at my LGS, I guess if you need the rest its a great deal, which I did. You don't have a standard landraider you'd like to magnetize and make all 3 variants do you?

I have 10 Deathwing assault cannon going "cheep" at the moment if they are of any use to any budding converters who will use teh barells from tehse rather than from teh Crusader turrets? They actually work quite nicely when glued to the front end of the Heavy bolter assembly...

Archived