Age of Darkness - Rebirth

Ethrion

Is it actually certain that the AdMech match gene seed tithes back to individual primarchs, or even that they are able to do that? I know that they check for purity and evidence of mutation, but that could just involve ensuring that each organ functions as it is supposed to, or for any changes from the last batch to be sent in, rather than building an in-depth genetic profile. Aside from the gene seed lines with obvious flaws, such as the Black Rage for Sanguinius, or the missing organs for Dorn or Corax, they may not be able to tell.

The Blood Ravens aren't the only chapter to be unaware of their origins either. The Red Scorpions and Carcarodons are in the same boat as I understand it. Surely if the Mechanicus could tell who each gene seed sample belonged to, the whole unknown primarch plot line doesn't make sense - the chapters involved would be able to find out just by asking. The same point applies to the uncertainties over where the Black Dragons get their gene seed tithes from.

I have one question regarding the story..."merciful throne"? This was uttered in the course of the story, I thought the golden throne references and 'merciful throne' were phrases that did not become common-place until after the Hersey and after the Emperor was placed on the throne? was this just a whoops, or was the phrase 'merciful throne' used before the whole emperor into golden throne debacle? The quote is question is on page 224: "Then he stops. Merciful Throne, he stops."

I have one question regarding the story..."merciful throne"? This was uttered in the course of the story, I thought the golden throne references and 'merciful throne' were phrases that did not become common-place until after the Hersey and after the Emperor was placed on the throne? was this just a whoops, or was the phrase 'merciful throne' used before the whole emperor into golden throne debacle? The quote is question is on page 224: "Then he stops. Merciful Throne, he stops."

Bizarrely, the exact same thing occurred to me earlier while I was going over the story! I chalk it up to a gaffe in the same vein as some of the language used in The Iron Within.

I think "Throne" is used in the same way that Kings were referred to as the "Crown", whether they were physically wearing a crown at the time or not.

I think "Throne" is used in the same way that Kings were referred to as the "Crown", whether they were physically wearing a crown at the time or not.

Yeah I think 'Throne' it's just used to replace the word God in the 40K universe. Same as when guardsmen shout 'oh frag' - it's just replacing our 'oh f*ck'. I don't see it as a gaff by the author TBH.

I'm going to assume he's not as versed in the fluff as most other authors and it was truly a 'doh' moment.

A much more "senior" author used the term "Adeptus" quite a lot in the very same book, so i suppose its forgivable.

Archived