A question for those with a daemon prince...

deity12

Hi, I want both a daemon prince and a greater daemon in my force. Now, greater daemons are very expensive dollars-wise and I'm only using it to fill in a spare 100 points I had. So, by the looks of it the daemon prince, or GW site says can be made as either fantasy or 40k. The fantasy daemon prince looks enough like a greater daemon for me. Now a look at the frames seems to show duplicate heads, arms, bodies, bases and (legs?). so does this mean that I could make both a 40k and fantasy daemon prince and use the fantasy one as a greater daemon?

Oh, and if I can't could someone tell me somewhere where I could perhaps get the extra bits necessary to do this? Thanks.

Hello Deity12,

The sprue does come with enough parts to assemble more than a daemon prince, but not enough to make a second one necessarily. In fact I'm using the kit right now to produce two Daemon princes. You'll be short the back of the torso, and the legs, if you do this though. Some people claim that the fantasy parts don't fit well in 40k, and the the reverse seems implied as well, but this is not the case in my humble opinion.

For the extra parts, I suggest ebay, and if that's not your thing, bits sellers are almost as good. Of course if you have a place to trade bits that's even better.

Best of luck,

-Sangneur

I have 2 DP's and they are both OOOOOLD fantasy models, actualld I think it was back went there was no seperate 40k and FB DP models. IMO a daemon would look like what ever it looked like (or could change it's appearence at will), and would look the same in a fantasy/medieval world or a scifi/future world. Remember time means nothing to a daemon. So yeah, if it saves you some bucks and gives you more options and you like the looks of the model, definately use the FB DP model. I actualy don't like the 40k DP model.

Hey, also does anyone have any ideas to make it more greater daemonish. I'm thinking a Nurgle greater saemon made out of this could be quite nice with a bit of green stuff(pun completely intended (ok, its a pretty bad pun)). I don't mind which greater daemon it is any one will do.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking a Nurgle greater saemon...

Any thoughts?

Ew. That's more of a Slaanesh thing.

The way I made my daemon prince, was using the guide for making the instant Daemon Prince published in the realms of chaos books. It comes up with some pretty crazy stuff, one of my princes is some bloodletter shaped, manikin faced, tentacle armed, iron skinned warpcrystal fiend.

Archived