Pre heresy Chapter Choice

ProteanSun

If you do Death Guard, run them in a mostly standard C:SM (infantry heavy (in the fluff), bolter heavy (in the fluff), normal PH restrictions). Word Bearers I've got no clue on, the arguments above are all sound in my opinion. For the World Eaters it really depends on when you want them to be set (new legion, found Angron, traitor) though the blog Eaters of Worlds is really helpful. The Wolves obviously use C:SW. For the Iron Warriors I'd look at the Siege list in IA vol. 10, though I haven't seen the list yet so that's just guess work. The Blood Angels obviously use their own codex, though I'm not certain about the Dark Angels and their codex. Hope this helps!

I use the vanilla marine codex for my Iron Warriors list. Although it isn't Pre-Heresy. I really just went for very shooty with anything that gave improved cover saves. Lysander for my hero considering how Iron Within, Iron Without he is. Tac squads with HB's, Dev squads with ML's, Thunderfire cannons for extra cover saves and lots of artillery. I really enjoy the siege like play of the list. Lots of options, albeit a little bland.

I will say one thing though, the ideas running around for a Word Bearer army using BT rules sounds really fun and new. For me atleast.

Archived