Modelling advice needed.

Hi everyone,

Basically - I'm wanting to convert a couple of my Command Squad to have storm shields and I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it?

I'm loathe to buy two space marine commander models with Storm Sheilds, as then they'd be identically posed; but I don't know where else I can get Storm Shields for power armoured marines!

Can anyone give any tips? I'm assuming plenty of people must have done this before, so I'd really appreciate any advice at this juncture.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum - I'm sort of in a rush!

You can get storm shields through "bit" providers. They are all over the place. You may pay a bit more than you want to but it will be cheaper than buying whole models.

The metalones linked above actually do require some modding to not look god-awful. You have to plug the hole in the center that the nub on old Terminator arms used to fit into, as well as add some sort of strap or handle.

You can also use WHFB Bretonnian Knight kite shields. They fit perfectly on a Marine wrist, and only need a quicklittle strap of Greenstuff to close the wrist mount. These shields also have nice, flat areas for freehand or attachment of Crux Terminati, purity seals, or whatnot.

Archived