The "Pure Bike" Army Tactica...

ShinyRhino

Just re-reading (searching for recommended squad sizes) and came across what I believe to be an error:

Section Two: Troops

Summary and Usage

One decision ... is how large your Troops squads will be. Your minimum is three bikers and an attack bike ...

Minimum is 4 bikers and an attack bike (rule says 5 models, not 5 marines)

Cheers, Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
Just re-reading (searching for recommended squad sizes) and came across what I believe to be an error:
Section Two: Troops

Summary and Usage

One decision ... is how large your Troops squads will be. Your minimum is three bikers and an attack bike ...

Minimum is 4 bikers and an attack bike (rule says 5 models, not 5 marines)

Cheers, Paul.

Good catch. I'll update in the future.

I really do intend to finish this thing. Life has just gotten in the way.

I need to sit down in the armchair during one of the wife's TV-watching nights and take a good, old fashioned red pen to the printed version of the whole thread.

Dare I promise a final draft/update by the end of August? :P

Combat tactics works well for Bike armies focusing on Mg in the squads. Whilst a PlasmaBike squad can happily pewpew from up to 24" away, and avoid getting assaulted, MeltaBikes might have to put their heads in the lion's mouth, so to speak, to get their Meltas to work.

I think Khan works better with a PlasmaBikes army, as his squad has H&R, but the loss of combat tactics is less of a big deal for the other units. But for a MeltaBikes army, the generic Bike Captain is a better fit.

Marshal Wilhelm makes an interesting point (albeit in a different thread).

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to start a new Space Marine army and I'm interested in a "pure bike" force. I found this topic is very usuful, thank you to the original poster :)

By the way did you find the pure bike army a competive one? I read many posts in this topic and they are full of useful and valid tactics but how did such army performed in your own table-top experience?

For example can a pure bike army fight efficiently against most competitive lists? Which armies can pose the bigger threat to it?

Your assistance is very appreciated, Battle Brothers.

Archived