Interloper.

jaxjace

Battle Brothers Dariyus and Severus stood at attention adjacent from the heavy blast doors that guarded one of the Phalanx's many secure vaults that housed many important relics of not only the Imperial Fists but of the Imperium itself. However, this vault in particular was of gargantuan importance. Within these heavy blast doors that could withstand a direct hit from a plasma lance, was a relic from a long ago ancient time before the emperor blood line was even ever conceived, back to a time when humans had barley gotten past their own atmosphere. The relic, it was said, if were ever lost would turn the universe inside into itself. So important that it was to be kept in a glass container, cryogenicly frozen in statis, it is said that if opened it releases an obviously deadly gas with a hiss that surely even an Astartes physiology could not withstand.

Only the Chapter Master knew of what it was exactly and he wasn't telling.

"Brother" Dariyus finally said, breaking the silence.

"Yes what is it Dariyus" Replied Severus.

"Our shift is up, we must report to our ser-"

"I know Dariyus! We have done this every week once a week for the last hundred years!"

Dariyus not the least bit taken aback by the hostility of his friend had really nothing to say to that.

"I am sorry my friend it is just that this menial task has bored me, I do not feel this to be worthy of us." Explained Severus.

"careful Severus what you speak of borders on heresy, we do our duty even the ones you deem unworthy, every job is important." Chided Dariyus.

"I tire of this, let us report back to the barracks and then I will retire to the Pain Glove, I need to clear my head." Replied Severus.

"Indeed." Ended Dariyus.

The pair walked swiftly down the Phalanxes central hall towards their barracks, Dariyus silently agreeing with his friends earlier remarks he was bored as well, "What was that relic anyway? if i knew what it was I think I might care a little more at least." Thought Dariyus to himself.

As they rounded the corner, they heard alarm klaxons sound loudly and their Sergent burst out from a service door.

"Veteran Sergent Praetor, Whats going on?" The nervousness clearly audible in Dariyus's voice.

"AN INTRUDER HAS BEEN DETECTED IN VAULT TWO!" Shouted Praetor.

Both battle brothers stopped cold. That was their vault. All three unslung their boltguns and racked their slides while sprinting back to Vault Two. What they found surprised them greatly; a still molten hole was burned straight through the meter thick adamantium blast door.

"Impossible!" Cried Severus. "We were just here and there is only one hallway leading there, how in the name of Terra could they have gotten past us?"

"I dont know, but whoever did we can expect to be dangerous" Dariyus calmly replied.

"Spread out" Ordered Praetor.

The three Astartes dove through the hole and covered a section of the room, covering each-others blind spots. In the center of the room was a lone figure, obviously a space marine, but clearly not of the Imperium.

"IRON WARRIOR!" Shouted all three in unison.

The Iron warrior was clutching the chilled artifact in his spiked gauntlet. Dariyus could now clearly see it for what it was. The object was fairly cylinder in shape but about the size of a Krak grenade, It was clearly simply a vessel for something inside of its glass surface. A brown liquid with gasses impossibly inside the liqued sloshed around inside of the container.

Severus instantly drew a bead on the Iron Warrior but was chastised by Praetor;

"If you miss you could hit the relic! Chainswords, NOW!"

The trio charged with all the ferocity of the Imperial Fists. The Iron warrior smiled and calmly raised his bolt pistol and spat death at the onrushing Imperial Fists. Praetor was killed instantly a round finding a bullet trap in his MK 7 Aquila armor, the round ricocheting off his gorget straight into his brain and detonating his skull in a splat of viscera and brain matter. But the Battle Brothers were already upon their enemy and slashing with a flurry of blows. The unnaturally quick Iron Warrior as if aided by some unseen presence calmly blocked each blow with a chain axe that he had drawn during the Imperial fist charge.

The Chaos Space Marine whirled around and slashed Severus's arm off at the shoulder and then headbutted him full force collapsing his face grill.

Barely letting out a grunt before being knocked out and forced into a coma by his su as membrane. The Iron Warrior was about to finish him off when he felt a warmth under his desecrated Armour and he looked down to see a whirring chainblade jutting from his chest. Taking a moment to realize he was dead the Chaos legionnaire merely stared blankly before crumpling to the floor.

Dariyus caught the relic housing container before it could be smashed to oblivion on the metal deck.

He looked at it and it read in some ancient and forgotten language: COCA COLA ALWAYS SERVED CHILLED.

He had no idea what it was but he assumed it must be important. He returned it to its housing and Voxed for an apothecary. :devil:

My first attempt at writing, comment and rate :P who says grim dark has to be grim dark?

Archived