Greetings!

Hey All,

Glad to be aboard!

My name is Tim, I'm 31 but have been a GW player since I was 13, had a few years in the wilderness without gaming between about 19 and now, but have recently re-discovered 40k with a group of mates in the same boat as me, we all used to play and now we are hooked again. Best thing is, we all now have houses with spare rooms and salaries that allow us to buy all the shizzle we hankered after when we were young!

Based in Portsmouth, England, and have accumulated 3000+ pts of marines in the last six months, now playing catch up with the paintwork!

I have opted for ultramarines as I always liked the colours ( my warhammer army is empire in blue and white, just find it striking ) and the old ultras captain with the roman centurion crest is one of my all time favourites and inspired me, as you can guess I get all manner of abuse for being 'boring' from my compadres, but I actually like playing with a standard army ( I used to play gaurd back in the old days, when a tactical squad in flak armour cost 200 pts and we had no tanks! ), makes it more fun in my opinion.

Cheers,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to our newest brother

as you can guess I get all manner of abuse for being 'boring' from my compadres,

pah ultramarines arent boring, they are perfect examples of what space marines aspire to be... when people proclaim they are boring, they are really just hiding thier jealousy at the perfection of the boys in blue. ;)

pah ultramarines arent boring, they are perfect examples of what space marines aspire to be... when people proclaim they are boring, they are really just hiding thier jealousy at the perfection of the boys in blue. :)

Amen to that! :D

Archived