1000 pt Boarding Action SM vs Chaos

Guest kodopitharos

Guest kodopitharos

This battle is part of our campaign using the IA:9 badab war ruleset.

Narrative:

The space defence station Arrogance was standing between the Black Waaagh and the surface of Kravic II. It was clear to Typhus that with this space station in place, proceeding with the invasion of the planet would be unwise. Within momments a cadre of an elite boarding force was assembled with clear orders - Destroy the ship's engineering station so as to make it vulnerable to future attacks.

At the same time, weary of the approaching Chaos fleet, the Blood Ravens battle barge Redemption was moving within teleport distance with the dauntless space station. Captain Diomedes knew, as any space marine captain should, that the traitors were going to launch a sabotage assault mission. It was up to the chapter's terminators to crush the attackers.

Pre Game:

The mission was sabotage - 4 objectives across a roughly 4x4 table. We rolled for special mission circumstances and we ended up with The Cold Void, which means that all weapons with strength 4 and above were rending to anything not having a 2+ save, an armour value or the void hardened armour Stratagem. Weapons with the rending rule would score a rending on a 5 or more (yay assault cannons!).

We each had 3 Stratagems to choose. The Blood Ravens chose some airlocks, which only the defenders would be able to open/close, and a couple of Crew Gangs with Conscripts stats - a bunch of crew members which were hastily drafted for the defense of the station. The Chaos chose a missile launcher sentry gun and equipped the larger Plague Marines unit with void hardened armour.

Chaos won the roll off and chose deployment zones.

Forces

Chaos

Nurgle Demon Prince - Gift of Chaos

5 Chaos Terminators - Combi Plasma, 3 Powerfists, Chaos Glory, Reaper Autocannon, Chainfist, Champion

Chaos Dreadnaught - 2 DCCW, Extra armour, Heavy Flamer

7 Plague Marines - 2 Plasma guns, Powerfist

8 Plague Marines - 2 Melta guns, powerfist

Blood Ravens

Chaplain - TDA

5 Terminators - Assault Cannon, Chainfist

5 Terminators - Heavy Flamer, Chainfist

5 Assault Terminators - 3 TH/SS

5 Tactical Marines - Combi Melta

Dreadnaught - Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer

6 Crew Gang - Shotguns

6 Crew Gang - Shotguns

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Key.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Forces.jpg

Deployment:

The forces in boarding action need to be divided in two - a spearhead and a reserve force. Chaos deployed the Chaos Dreadnaught, the Demon Prince and the Chaos Terminators, while placing the sentry gun in the fairly open storage area. The Blood Ravens deployed the Assault Cannon terminators, the Assault terminators, the Chaplain and the dreadnaught.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/DeploymentOverviewandObjectives.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Deployment_D.jpg

Guest kodopitharos

Turn 1

Catastrophic Damage: The engagement started both inside and outside the station with chaos fighters circling the station and drawing fire away from the boarding ships. A few plasma torpedoes shook the station causing a power surge in the lower decks where the chaos had boarded. The lights went out so we would be using the Night Fight rules for this turn. The surge also caused the airlock next to the Demon prince to open up.

Chaos: The Dreadnaught moved hastily towards the space marine lines, trying to get cover behind the containers. It popped its smoke launchers filling the entire deck with cancerous smoke. The Chaos Terminators moved on top of the main pipeline valve and blasted it with powerfist blows depressurising the hydraulics of the station. The demon prince lumbered through the now open airlock slashing it with his monstrous claw as he passed through, moving towards the Engineering Control terminal. The hijacked Sentry gun tried to spot the loyalist terminators through the smoky deck, but its sensors failed rolling a 4 for night fight.

Space Marines: The Assault Terminators moved to cover the Central Control point from any imminent attacks, while Chaplain Rufus with Squad Victus moved on double pace towards the engineering room, in an attempt to thwart the chaos interloppers from causing any more damage. The dreadnaught spotted his chaos rival through the containers and opened fire with its assault cannon failing to damage the treacherous machine.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn1.jpg

Turn 2

Catastrophic Damage The engagement in space went on and another volley blacked out the ship again. Power surge again so night fight rules for another turn.

Chaos The Plague Marines didnt arrive from reserve - they are not the fastest fellas. The Chaos dreadnaught blazed away at the assault terminators as it run headlong charging the veterans. The Demon prince in the engineering room moved towards the terminal and smashed the machine spirit out of the panel in one hammerhand blow. The Chaos terminators spotted squad Victus in their auspices and decided to take cover among the pipelines, combi bolters and reaper autocannon aimed at the closed airlock to the south. In the ensuing combat the Chaos dreadnaught smashed 2 thunder hammer terminators to the ground while the reminaing battle brother managed to immobilize the frenzied beast.

Space Marines One of the Gang Crews arrived with orders to help the Astartes - in truth they were unsure as to what the hell they had to do. They were handy with a wrench. They couldnt say the same about these shotguns they were handed. Chaplain Rufus lead Squad Victus back to the central control point, conceding the engineering room lost to Chaos forces. As he move in the back of the terminators he spotted the bedazzled Crew Gang. " Hold whatever comes through that door", he barked with a grim determination, leaving the Crew Gang members even more unsure as to what the hell they had to do. The Dreadnaught moved through the containers and spotted the whiring sentry gun in the distance trying to find a target. It promtly smashed it with a short burst from the assault cannon - no need to waste ammo on sentry guns. The assault terminators faught valiantly but lost another battle brother to the rampaging - although immobile- machine. The thunder hammer terminator failed to cause any damage.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn2Overview.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn2.jpg

Guest kodopitharos

Turn 3

Catastrophic Damage This turn the space station didnt sustain any damage from the raging fight in space.

Chaos:

The void hardened plague marines with meltaguns arrived from reserve, moving on from the north western corner of the field gaining a clear view of the Aquila monitor at the opposite wall. The Chaos Terminator moved towards the south entrance blasting the door with an Autocannon shot. The demon prince moved across the engineering room, towards the back entrance. The plague marines ran a miserable 2 inches - appropriate for plague marines.

Space Marines:

The second crew gang and the Tactical marines arrived from reserve as did Terminator Squad Tarkus with the heavy flamer. The marines moved from the south western corner while the Crew gang had orders to set a trap for the chaos terminators... yes a trap for the chaos terminators. Apparently the imperium thinks that ill equipped and trained engineers are good at capping chaos terminators. Squad Tarkus tried a rather risky teleport in front of the plague marines and they ended up scaterring on top of their adversaries... Emperor was with them as they rolled a 6 on the mishap table, meaning they were delayed. They'd try the same trick next turn. The dreadnaught moved defiantly in front of the Aquila Monitor, blocking it from the Plague Marines - The traitors would have to go through the ancient warrior to get it. Squad Victus moved to support the dreadnaught while Chaplain Rufus, on a mad impulsed, decided to go alone through the containers. He and I were both unsure as to why he and I did that... The first Crew Gang took cover at the nearest wall, waiting for the chaos terminators. Both the Dreadnaught and Squad Victus opened fire at the plague marines killing one traitor, their bloated bodies proving a challenge for both Storm bolters and assault cannons.

In the ensuing combat the chaos dreadnaught failed to cause any damage, but the thunder hammer armed terminator managed to knock off both its weapons.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn3.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn3Overviewdreadnaughtblock.jpg

Turn 4

Catastrophic Damage Again, no effect.

Chaos:

The second plague marine squad, armed with plasma guns, arrived from reserve and moved from the centre of the table moving to engage the central control point. The Demon Prince moved outside the engineering room, facing the Chaplain. The chaos terminators foolishly walked into the Crew Gang's trap. The poor hulking ancient veteran overequipped and angry warriors didnt know what was coming... The Plague marines with melta guns moved towards the dreadnaught, their melta guns just an inch away from half range. Still they managed to immobilize the dreadnaught.

Space Marines:

Squad Tarkus forgot to roll for reserves (I was busy keeping notes! Note to self- always have a third person keeping notes). The tactical marines moved to entrench themselves among some ruined pipelines while Squad Victus moved to assault the plaguemarines - it would be a close call. The crew gang in the back of the terminators moved out of the difficult terrain they were in ... 1 inch... and then ran.... another inch. Eat that imperium. Immobilized, the dreadnaught was content. He wasnt planning of going anywhere anyway. He let rip with the assault cannon and heavy flamer and again failed to kill anything. In the assault phase Squad Victus was found to ne just in assault range of the plague marines and on the other side of the deck, Chaplain Rufus charged headlong into the ranks of the plague marines which would prove foolish. In the ensuing combat the terminators killed 4 plague marineswith powerfist blows while losing 1 to the power fist armed champion. Chaplain Rufus killed a single plague marine before being stomped by the powerfist armed champion. This allowed the plague marines to consolidate closer to the objective ... 1 inch.... which proved just enough.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn4.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn4Overview.jpg

Guest kodopitharos

Turn 5

Catastrophic Damage - With the entire Chaos Boarding force inside, the Chaos fighters disengaged with the "Arrogance". No Catastrophic Damage for this turn.

Chaos

The plague marines with plasma guns rushed towards the central control point. They would need to assault the objective in order to be sure that it is destroyed (Objectives have AV11 and a 4++ save vs shooting). The Chaos terminators ignored the Gang crew on their flank and opened fire at the tactical marines entrenched at the other side of the corridor. One bolter shell hit the sergeant's air intake, the cold void of the deck taking him out of action. The Demon prince moved behind the plague marines with plasma guns. In the assault phase Squad Victus finished off the plague marines with meltaguns but also lost one battle brother to the champion's powerfist. Most importantly the plague marines were found to be just in range and succesfully blew up the central control point with a powerfist blow. 3 out of 4 objectives were destroyed. The Blood Ravens could only score a victory by wiping out their adversaries now...

Space Marines

Squad Tarkus automatically arrived from reserve and this time attempted an equally risky teleport in front of the Demon Prince. I thought "Emperor Protects" as I rolled the dice and pointed my finger at the spot I was deepstriking without any thought. Emperor Protects indeed as the scatter came up a hit. Squad Victus moved on the elevated position near the pipelines taking aim at the demon prince. The crew gangs sprung to envelop the chaos terminators with a bleak expression on their faces. Well at least they won't have to join the Penal Legions. In the shooting phase the Dreadnaught, Squad Tarkus and Squad Victus let rip at the demon prince. Although subject to the cold void rule the demonic monstrosity only suffered a single wound from the torrent of fire. Sergeant Tarkus gritted his teeth. Tha tactical marines opened fire at the plasma gun armed plague marines killing 2, one from a rending shot and another one failing both his armour save and FNP roll. Both Gang crews opened fire with their shotguns at the terminators scoring a rather impressive 6 wounds. All those wounds were saved by the nigh-impenetratable Tactical Dreadnaught Armour. But still. Nice one guys :D

We rolled for the end of the game and rolled a 5. On to the 6th round.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn5.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn5Overview.jpg

Turn 6

Catastrophic Damage: The fires that had errupted from the initial attack must have spread to another sector as the lights went off again with a now all too comon Power Surge. Night Fight.

Chaos

The Demon Prince moved towards Squad Tarkus with an evil grin on his face. The Chaos Terminators built up mommentum to smash the puny Crew Gang blocking their way while the plasma gun plague marines put themselves in a position to charge the tactical marines. The demon prince attempted to turn the heavy flamer terminator into a chaos spawn but the veteran marine shook off the effects of the vile sorcery. In the assault phase Demon Prince Infestus through a flurry of attacks at Squad Tarkus resulting in 2 dead terminators and veteran sergeant Tarkus being mortally wounded (yeah, they never truly die.) The remaining two battle brothers were too overwhelemed by the massacre and didnt manage to score any hits with their powerfists. Seeing the situation as it was the terminators decided to fall back to a better position, barely managing to outrun the Demon Prince. Tha tactical marines were also overwhelmed by the Plague Champion and his -by now- infamous powerfist. Two were killed and the rest decided to fall back, rolling a 10 and barely staying on the table. At the same time one Crew Ganger was heard saying "Join the army they said, you will find a friendly and safe environment they said...", as the Chaos Terminators smashed onto them leaving a trail of blood, bone and flesh in their wake, the crew gangers barely slowing their advance.

The Assault terminators who were still fighting the Chaos Dreadnaught at last managed to smash its core and send it out of control. Unfortunately the frenzied machine fell on top of the Assault Terminator sergeant with Lightning Claws, who was trying to get the dreadnaught's attention this whole time. The veteran warrior was pushed through the floor deck to the lower decks, falling hundred of feet before being lost to the void. The remaining assault terminator disengaged and faced the chaos terminators ready to stand by the right side of the emperor.

Space Marines

The tactical marines regrouped and set up fire positions from the airlock. Squad Victus moved to get a clear shot of the demon prince - he would pay for what he did to squad Tarkus. The remnants of squad Tarkus kept on falling back and passed by the plague marines. Both the tactical marines and squad Tarkus opened fire at the plague marines, killing 1 with bolters and another from inhaling the promethium of the heavy flamer and exploding to a thousand pieces. The Dreadnaught spotted the demon prince and contributed its assault cannon fire to Squad Victus. Again the demon proved too hardy for storm bolters suffering a single wound and being reduced to 2. The brave assault terminator charged the Chaos Terminators. Unfortunately for him, the single power sword equipped terminator managed a telling blow past his defenses, throwing the veteran marine to the ground before he had a chance to strike any blows.

Sergeant Victus realised that there could be no victory this day and ordered the retreat. The chaos scum would escape retribution this day...http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Boarding%20Action%20Blood%20Ravens%20vs%20Chaos/Turn6.jpg

Guest kodopitharos
The diagrams were made using Adobe Illustrator CS4. All the symbols are integrated in a custom built library making them reusable and customizable. If anyone wants the library PM me and I will send it to you via e-mail.

Guest kodopitharos

I definetely shouldnt have sent the Chaplain on his own. I am not sure what I was thinking when I decided to do that :)

We've already played 2 more scenarios that are variations of Boarding Action - both at around 200 points. The second one was actually Search and Retrieve mission where 6 terminators enter a nurgle infestation area of the space ship to find astartes survivors. We used the Space Hulk board game genestealer bleeps for the enemy hidden movement (who were Zombies, Plaguebearers and Chaos Spawns). Although the scenario was really fun it was extremely tiresome lasting for over 3 hours - not what we expected for a 280ish point battle.

Ill assemble a narrative battle report on both these scenarios.

Guest kodopitharos

Mission - Search and Retrieve

The Blood Ravens 1st company had taken a serious blow in the last deployment. Not only were there heavy causalties from the ranks of the Terminators, including Chaplain Rufus, but the chaos scum suceeded in compromising the space station defences. It was a matter of honour to send a boarding squad back to the space station and retrieve any survivors. The stakes were high.

A number of battle brothers lay scattered among the desolate corridors of the space hulk, including Chaplain Rufus and Sergeant Tarkus. Squad Victus needs to find as many of these battle brothers and get them out of there.

Scenario

We decided on 270 points forces. The Blood Ravens would need to spend all those points on a Terminator Squad, while the nurgle infestation would choose from Zombies (rules from IA) Plaguebearers and Chaos Spawn. Additionally they would get a Rogue Psyker and a Plague Ogryn as the "boss" encounter.

Hidden Movement - The terminators are moving in a decimated area that they have no intelligence on. They dont know what they will be coming up against. The Chaos Infestation player gets a number of bleep counters each with a number on them - 1,2 and 3. The counters move at 6" per turn and may not run. At any point when they come within LoS with a terminator model the Chaos Infestation player redeems the bleep counter for the points it indicates and replaces it with those models. Zombies cost 1 bleep point, Plaguebearers 2 and Chaos Spawns 3 bleep points. The terminators can assess the mass of the bleep but not the exact nature. So a marker of 3 bleep points could be 3 zombies, 2 plaguebearers and a zombie or a Chaos Spawn.

Infestation - There is no telling how many foes roam the halls. Every time a Chaos Infestation model is removed as a casaulty, the appropriate number of bleep points are redeemed back to the player to bring them back next turn from reserve. No roll for reserve is required - they come in automatically from any point eligible.

Wounded Terminators - There are 4 wounded terminators scattered across the board. At the end of the movement phase, when a terminator model comes within contact with a wounded terminator the Terminator player rolls a dice. On a 4+ the terminator is alive but severely wounded. He gets up with -1 WS, BS, A and Ld, and also suffers from the slow and purposeful USR. On any other roll the terminator is dead and is left in place.

Wounded Heroes - Chaplain Rufus and Sergeant Tarkus are the objectives of this mission. When a terminator model comes within base contact with the downed heroes they immediately regain consciousness. They may act normally from then on and they need to move either out of their own table edge or move in base contact with the Storm Raven. If they do, the terminator player immediately gains 1 Victory Point. If they are killed the Victory Point goes to the Chaos Infestation Player.

Chainfists - In this scenario, chainfists can be used to breach walls. Each wall section has 2 Structure points, AV14 and automatically lose a Structure Point with any glancing or penetrating hit. When reduced to 0 SP then a breach no larger than the base of a terminator is made. Needless to say that the wall section is hit automatically.

Cold Void, Catastrophic Damage and Night Fight - All those rules are in effect throughout the entire game.

Game Length - There is no limit. The game ends either with the completion of the objectives or with the total demise of the terminators.

Entry

Not knowing anything about the target area, Squad Victus moved via Boarding Torpedo. As soon as they crashed into the exposed decks of the space station, Sergeant Victus ordered his Squad to fan out and scan the area. The Sergeant and the Assault Cannon brother lumbered towards the centre of the sector, moving towards what seemed to be an engineering room. Soon their auspices started bleeping like crazy....

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/Setup.jpg

+++ Hostiles Detected +++

+++ Engage +++

Chaplain Rufus was inside the engineering room! Sergeant Victus traced a few shots towards the incoming zombies and plaguebearers but soon realised the area was crammed with infestation.

"Move around!! There is too many of them! Set up fire positions and breach the walls with the chainfist!"

Storm bolter fire begun to echo throughout the ravaged halls. Battle brothers formed defensive formation, fighting back to back and killing mutant after mutant with Storm Bolter and powerfist. Brother Gorus brought his Assault Cannon to bear, firing on full auto splattering the corridors with rotten meat.

Zombies and Plaguebearers were coming in from all angles, even from the ventilation system on the ceiling and floor of the Space vessel.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/Concentrationofenemiestoothick.jpg

Two fallen terminators were found. One of them was already at the right side of the emperor, but the other one, Brother Maounas from the Assault Terminators had still life in him. He promptly picked up his hammer and shield and entered the fray.

"Sergeant Tarkus is here!! Attempting approach. Cover me brothers

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/ApproachingTarkus.jpg

Three terminators were making a push for Sergeant Tarkus, their Astartes tactics and skill no match for the shambling horde of mutants and demons. They were making good progress when a monstrous Chaos Spawn emerged from the floor, smashing its way through the weakened structure. Quickly Brother Gorus let rip with his assault cannon sending claws and tentacles in random directions. Still the Spawn kept on running eventually smashing onto Brother Gorus. The heavily armed terminator braced for the impact, throwing his body forward, his bulk proving equally powerful and stunning the Spawn. With a decisive thrust with his powerfist he smashed the monster's ribcage sending it flying backwards onto a horde of zombies.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/ChaosSpawnComefromtheside.jpg

The battle went on and eventually one of the Terminators was brought down by what seemed like a mountain of zombies, the ceasing of his storm bolter firing marking his demise under the crowd of zombies.

"We are taking casaulties."

"Sergeant, there is an operational Storm Raven at the north east Sector. Sending input now"

The Storm raven would be a good place for the terminators to fall back to and potentially use to escape. But first there was work to be done...http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/StormRaven.jpg

Guest kodopitharos

The raging fight went on with more and more zombies, Plaguebearers and Chaos Spawn flooding the sector. Each burst of bolter fire gave Squad Victus another inch to approach Sergeant Tarkus, while the wounded Brother Maounas, spearheaded a flanking assault inside the engineering room to reach Chaplain Rufus.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/BrotherMaounasstandsinthedoor.jpg

Another wounded battle brother was revived, Brother Mathias of Squad Tarkus. He picked up his storm bolter and joined the fight.

There were too many hostiles near Sergeant Tarkus, but Sergeant Victus was determined to save his friend and mentor no matter the cost.

"Engage the large beasts! I will make a push for Sergeant Tarkus."

said Victus and then charged headlong onto a large group of zombies which blocked the way. Zombie and TDA met each other, the former being smashed and toppled

over from the overwhelming force of the ancient suit of armour.

Tarkus was alive and kicking. He picked himself up while Victus went on to help his squad fighting off some fresh Chaos Spawn.

More infested flooded the corridor, and Victus placed himself at the entrance to shield his brothers from harm. Ancient incantions begun to fill the room sending the zombies into a frenzied state.

" Witchery! shouted one of the terminators. The zombies started fighting with immense ferocity and ganged up on Sergeant Victus, bringing him down in a flurry of blows.

Victus had given his life for Tarkus and he was content with that.

Brother Mathias sent himself forward to block the door from any more incoming foes.

" I will hold them brothers! Get the hell out of here!

Brother Fordras with the chainfist turned to the engineering room bulkhead.

"I will make a breach for Chaplain Rufus. Stand aside brothers."

The others made a defensive formation around Mathias and Fordras, obliterating more zombies and plaguebearers that came from the rear.

On the other side of the deck, Brother Maounas lead the assault inside the engineering room, holding off a monumental ammount of infested, buying time for Sergeant Tarkus and his team.

The breach was finally made and the Terminators stormed the engineering room where chaplain Rufus lay. Brother Mathias was still busy fighting with a Chaos Spawn and a Plaguebearer, their tough hide proving too much for the wounded warrior. But he kept his ground.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/Chainfistbreaksthroughthewallandassaultbegins.jpg

On the other side of the room, Brother Maounas was finally brought down by a plague sword in the back, allowing another huge wave of infested to rush the Terminators.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/BrotherMaounasbroughtdown.jpg

Guest kodopitharos

The infested seemed to be without number. Wave after wave of infestation was thundering onto the terminators and one by one their numbers were reduced. Tarkus managed to revive Chaplain Rufus, but by that time the terminators were decimated. Only Fordras, Gorus, Tarkus and Rufus remained by now. But they were Astartes and they would not yield.

The chaplain quickly assumed his role and begun chanting litanies of hatred, inspiring his brethren.

The Storm Raven was near, but there were hundreds of zombies in the way.

Chaplain Rufus lead the charge, smashing zombies and Chaos Spawn alike. The rest supported him, keeping their advance, and pushing towards the Hangar. This time it seemed like there was something giving drive to the infested. Like a predator holding onto a prey trying to escape, the demons held the terminators tight.

"Brothers, advance to the Storm Raven. I can handle these mutants."

No one believed the Chaplain. It was clear that he would sacrifice himself for his brothers to escape.

And no one said a word. There was no need for sentiment and everyone understood.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/ChaplainRufussacrificeshimselftosavehisbattlebrothers.jpg

Sergeant Tarkus lead the remaining brothers smashing through scores of zombies. On the way they grabbed brother Fordras and in an instant he was lost.

Exiting the engineering bay, Sergeant Tarkus killed off the last of the zombies that were upon them. The way was clear for the Hangar now...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/ThelastzombieissmashedbyTarkus.jpg

As Tarkus and Gorus entered the Storm Raven a shiver went through Tarkus' body. Something terrible happened here this day, and it wasnt the loss of dear friends and battle brothers.

Something wicked...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/Search%20and%20Retrieve/Escape.jpg

Guest kodopitharos

Glad you guys liked it :lol:

The whole thing was made using foam card, sticky paper tape, cardboard, polysterene, various bits and lots and lots of straws.

Its actually not that hard to make, all you need is a basic template for the walls and then it is just a matter of mass producing them.

I found that radical colours - like deep and bright red- go really well with the cleistophobic feeling of a Space Hulk.

Here is a rough how-to.

After you make the initial wall it is just a matter of individualising each one. I cut airlocks to a few of them and added all kinds of tid bits

left in my bits box. I also made a few special rooms, an engineering room, a biology lab and a Bridge section. All it takes is time and love

(and a few helpers can definetely speed the project up)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/ModularWallHow-to.jpg

Here is the whole 4 by 4 thing nicely tugged away

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l534/Kodopitharos/ModularSpaceHulktackedaway.jpg

If anyone wants to start up a project like that feel free to ask and share your own ideas.

I 100% reccommend the IA9 campaign system for all your games. There is no need to have a game and not integrate it to a wider story.

It makes the game that much more ejoyable! It will also give you tons of modelling projects.

Archived