Loyalist Iron Warriors

Hey guys i just finished reading the "Age of Darkness" collection of short stories. And the penultimate story made me really happy - because you had loyalist Iron Warriors. I loved that idea honestly loved the idea of the author.

it was fantastic, i just wished they had won - i wanted there to be more surviving loyalist Iron Warriors. considering there was only 5 left :Elite:

but on top my original point before i starting rambling. Do you guys think that those Iron Warriors would have survived? And where would they have been put?

and also could this be a valid army idea:

of having a collection of different loyalist marines from heretical legions. to form an army?

thanks for any input

Athiair :Troops:

and also could this be a valid army idea:

of having a collection of different loyalist marines from heretical legions. to form an army?

thanks for any input

Athiair :Troops:

I've tossed this idea around myself. Aside from the sheer amount of time it would take (not being able to speed paint) I think it would work just fine. The only thing is that you would have to make sure the person across the table from you knows exactly what is what, and which dex/rules,etc. I say if you want it, go for it

-CC

IIRC they had almost reached the limit of their lifespan, at least the Warsmith had, so they would not have been around for much longer after the Heresy.

the Warsmith in the story had his age modified by the Hrud.

i dont believe the few survivors encountered the Hrud, so would age as a Marine normally would. and where i i put them...in the newly created Inquisiton. their paranoria would serve well there.

WLK

that was something else about that story - i never got why he kept coughing randomly. it was wierd.

i suppose them in the inquistion would make sense. my brother on the other hand is adamant that no Space Marines are ever or were ever Inqusitors. can someone please give me evidence to prove him wrong (thank you)

and i'm now tempted to get that small force. only around 1000 points from the Space Marine codex. for example:

Assault Marine = World Eater

Devestator = Iron Warrior

Tactical Marine = Anyone really

and if anyone else wants to put forward ideas - i will pick them up and put them into the list :)

i'm gonna make this a nice list for you guys here to suggest units. i would love any help

thanks

Athiair :)

i suppose them in the inquistion would make sense. my brother on the other hand is adamant that no Space Marines are ever or were ever Inqusitors. can someone please give me evidence to prove him wrong (thank you)

thanks

Athiair ^_^

Sure thing, here ya go. Your bro can eat crow.

Page 6 Codex Deamonhunters. "The Grey Knights were permanently attached to the Ordo Malleus, becoming the hammer with which these servants of the Emperor would smite the forces of Chaos, and one of its Grand Masters is traditionally a member of the Inner Conclave of the Inquisition."

I have placed one of the surviving Iron Warriors on my list of the 8 hooded Astartes taken before the Emperor by Malcador. The one name Tarrasch i believe will become one of the Founding Grey Knight Grand Masters. Any others might also be apart of their founding.

I quite liked that story. It made me wonder what qualities the Imperial Fists had for favour to find them and not the Iron Warriors...

for plain tactical you gotta love Death Guard. The way they came across to me in Eisenstein is that they were the ultimate infantry army.

Well, i would not mind having a Emperors Children or Luna Wolves Tac squad at my back. Death Guard go along with those. World Eater Assault, Iron Warrior Dev. Add in a Thousand Son Librarian. and Whala!

Every time the Warsmith started hacking up a lung I couldn't get the image of General Grievous out of my head. It was an excellent story though.

haaa i just realised that too. that's amazing ;)

and i will - it may be a short while before i do. i'm trying to save money, but i'll be getting them slowly :)

it's gonna be really cool! unfortunatly i wont be able to buy the lower mark armours. meaning that i'll be using the tactical marine box set to save money

but i'm sure the armour colours will show through at to who they are.

i'll post i list up soon - so you guys can suggest improvments etc.

i want it to be a fun list, but i don't want it to always lose ;)

@Lord Lorne Walkier. thanks for that argument really useful :) (although he never admits defeat) :)

Athiair :P

ps. and of course i will post images :D

I enjoyed the story but I can't understand why an Ultramarine had been sent to the Iron warrior fortress and what the hell was that last bit about "to stand shoulder to shoulder with my lord Guilliman and help HIM fortify the IMPERIAL PALACE"

I can only presume that the Imperial palace that the ultramarine Nicodemus talks of is the one on Ultramar ( ie: all part of Guilliman's plan to inherit the empire when terra falls :lol: ) because if he speaks of the Emperors palace on Terra then the author has ruined a perfectly good story, we know for fact that Guilliman has no input on terra so why would he be sending out his honour guard to round up reinforcements for terra when he supposedly could'nt make it there himself.

I enjoyed the story but I can't understand why an Ultramarine had been sent to the Iron warrior fortress and what the hell was that last bit about "to stand shoulder to shoulder with my lord Guilliman and help HIM fortify the IMPERIAL PALACE"

I can only presume that the Imperial palace that the ultramarine Nicodemus talks of is the one on Ultramar ( ie: all part of Guilliman's plan to inherit the empire when terra falls :lol: )

Yeah I saw it as he's blatantly been recruited to fortify ultramar

I saw that as a rather glaring faux pas, honestly. A canon slip up. I can see, in a roundabout way, how it could be turned to mean the Fortress of Hera (or what will be).

Either that or Guilleman is really, really devious/chessmaster-esque. :P

What's this about Guilliman?

Something was mentioned at the end of the last story of "Age of Darkness", but i wasn't sure about it.

so if someone could possibly confirm/deny/explain this i would be grateful

Athiair :D

ps. list coming soon

There are loyalist legions to date who have meembers who turn traitor, it is only right that even in the Horus Heresy that there were loyalists amongst the traitors, people forget that the primarchs themselfs were derived from the god emperor (tusly astartees are kinda his grandchildren) so if they fight for the Big E they should have there personal gene seed classed as 'Nice' :D

Y'know, I suppose Robby G could have been planning on fortifying the Imperial Palace, aiding Dorn in his task but was ultimately 'distracted' by the Word Bearers...

That's sorta fits. Right?

ok thanks for that guys. and a present for you. here is a preposed list for you guys:

Epistolary [Thousand Sons]

Tactical Squad (10) w/ Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher [Death Guard]

Tactical Squad (10) w/ Flamer and Heavy Bolter [Luna Wolves]

Assault Squad (5) [World Eaters]

Devestator Squad (5) w/ 3 Missile Launchers and 1 Heavy Bolter [iron Warriors]

it's a fun list that will hopefully be effective enough to win some games. it is a 750 point force. incase i decided to go to a doubles tournament with my brother. but what do you think? (if i took it to 1000 first buy would be Sternguard (for Librarian) and Rhinos)

CC?

Athiair :P

Y'know, I suppose Robby G could have been planning on fortifying the Imperial Palace, aiding Dorn in his task but was ultimately 'distracted' by the Word Bearers...

That's sorta fits. Right?

That would, but i think at this point in the Heresy Calth had already happened.

I see it as Guilliman was planning to roll onto Terra A.S.A.F.P. and was setting the pieces up he would need to deny Terra to the Warmaster.

if i need to fortify any fixed point against the Warmaster, I would want as many Imperial FIsts and Iron Warriors as possible to build and man the defeneses.

WLK

Earlier in the story, when the Warsmith first asks the Ultramarine about what Guilliman expects of him, this is the exchange:

"(...) What now would Roboute Guilliman have of us?’

Tauro Nicodemus looked about the gathering. Tarrasch and Zhnev’s bleak pride matched their Warsmith’s own; the Venerable Vastopol existed only to fight and Colonel Kruishank’s default loyalty was plain to see on his face – allegiance to the Emperor offering him solace in the face of calamity.

‘Nothing you haven’t freely given already,’ Nicodemus insisted. ‘Deny the Warmaster resource and reinforcement. Hold your ground for as long as you can. The efforts of a faithful few could slow the traitor advance. Minutes. Days. Months. Anything, to give the Emperor time to fortify Terra for the coming storm and for my lord to cut through the confusion Horus has sown and prepare a loyalist response.’"

So it seems obvious that it was part of Guilliman's agenda that the palace on Terra would to be fortified, even if he was not doing that personally.

ok thanks for that guys. and a present for you. here is a preposed list for you guys:

Epistolary [Thousand Sons]

Tactical Squad (10) w/ Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher [Death Guard]

Tactical Squad (10) w/ Flamer and Heavy Bolter [Luna Wolves]

Assault Squad (5) [World Eaters]

Devestator Squad (5) w/ 3 Missile Launchers and 1 Heavy Bolter [iron Warriors]

it's a fun list that will hopefully be effective enough to win some games. it is a 750 point force. incase i decided to go to a doubles tournament with my brother. but what do you think? (if i took it to 1000 first buy would be Sternguard (for Librarian) and Rhinos)

CC?

Athiair ;)

Now you might want to think about a Captain. Even though you have a HQ already in the 1k Son, it is kinda unlikely that the rest would follow his lead.

would that make fluff sense? or is it just so it works as a valid army?

also i'm gonna change the units above to the fact:

2nd Tac Squad = [Word Bearers]

so when i get my Sternguard unit then can be [Luna Wolves]

does that make sense to you guys?

Athiair :D

would that make fluff sense? or is it just so it works as a valid army?

also i'm gonna change the units above to the fact:

2nd Tac Squad = [Word Bearers]

so when i get my Sternguard unit then can be [Luna Wolves]

does that make sense to you guys?

Athiair :wacko:

Loyal Word Bearers?!?!???!! Ive yet to see any evidence this could be true. Nor any Night Lords. If i were going to have a WB i would make it a Chaplain.

Archived