A question about World Eaters organisation

I've got a few questions about the organisation of the World Eaters and some of their equipment.

While reading about some aspects of the Horus Heresy, it seemed to be suggested that the traitor legions had access to more advanced marks of armour than the loyalists. In part due to their links with the Mechanicus and the limited distribution of the mark V armour. As such would the World Eaters, and traitors in general have access to any suits of corvus pattern armour?

Secondly, did the World Eaters have any form of command squads or honour guard within their legion? I can't find much information on their organisation save for general facts such as they favoured close range supported by vehicles and transports, and rarely if ever utilised devistator squads.

I think Age of Darkness had some loyalists (white scars?) in Mk6 plate. In the story with Aximand, iirc. Thus I would think limited numbers on both sides would have the mark. For some reason I can't envisage World Eaters in Mk6 armour though. It doesn't fit their character as well as Mk4's and Mk5's, imho.

I sort of guessed that both sides would have the Mk 6 in limited supply, the White Scars, Imperial Fists and Blood Angels were known to have secured quite a few suits from Mars. And the Raven Guard and Emperor's Children have had art showing them owning sets. But at least it sounds like there's a chance of the World Eaters having a few variants.

What about command squads or honour guard though?

What about command squads or honour guard though?

I'd reckon these guys would have the pick of the bunch, so they'd get Mk6's first. Sounds good to me.

I have a hard time picturing world eaters even wearing helmets, except those Khârn looking ones

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Pacific81/wronde2.jpg

:D

Archived