A question on DA successor chapters

First of all I want to say hello, I was going to restart my grey knight army, but I got down to thinking about it and I realised that I should probably play my favorite chapter instead. I love everything about the DA, from their chapter organization, to their fluff, to their successor chapters.

Now on the subject of successor chapters I have a couple questions. I really like the small fluff in the codex about the Angels of Absolution.

1. Do you think they would follow the same organization as their parent chapter? (I.E. would I still be able to make a deathwing type force?)

2. If I can make an Angels of Absolution deathwing, what do you think the color scheme would be? Would they follow the traditions of the Dark Angels and use bone white even though it is the same as their normal colors?

I would ask the above two questions about the Desciples of Caliban as well.

Do you think they would follow the same organization as their parent chapter? (I.E. would I still be able to go by fluff and make a deathwing type force?)

Most definitely.

I'd suggest either bone white or black for their Deathwing. The DA DW really should be in ash white, actually.

1. Do you think they would follow the same organization as their parent chapter? (I.E. would I still be able to make a deathwing type force?)

yes, they would.

2. If I can make an Angels of Absolution deathwing, what do you think the color scheme would be? Would they follow the traditions of the Dark Angels and use bone white even though it is the same as their normal colors?

Colour scheme in successors for DW and RW is same as the whole chapter. DW has that colour because of their traditions post heresy... each chapter has their own traditions. At most I would say that Both DW and RW of successors would retain the black scheme of fist founding legion.

The Unforgiven successors have some wonderful wiggle room in terms of how you want to organize their companies and paint their specialty forces. The door was left wide open for players to follow as rigidly or as creatively as they are inclined. In the end, if you are doing a successor, make sure you do them how you want.

First of all I want to say hello, I was going to restart my grey knight army, but I got down to thinking about it and I realised that I should probably play my favorite chapter instead. I love everything about the DA, from their chapter organization, to their fluff, to their successor chapters.

Now on the subject of successor chapters I have a couple questions. I really like the small fluff in the codex about the Angels of Absolution.

I would ask the above two questions about the Desciples of Caliban as well.

1. If you plan on using the Dark Angels codex with your army, then you would probably be better off adhering to the DA chapter organization as much as possible.

2. When it comes to painting your own Deathwing, by all means paint them how you like. My own DW were originally bone white, but after throwing a gryphonne sepia wash on them, they look more distinct. If you can, try getting your hands on a set of terminators from the Assault on Black Reach starter box, and try out different color schemes.

If I am not mistaken. Isn't there a painted DoC Terminator in the Codex and it does NOT deviate from the rest of the chapter. Likewise the GotC biker is not black but in the colors of the chapter.

If we follow the codex then the DoC are one universal scheme. But as mentioned, they are intentionally vague for a reason. To allow us wiggle room to experiment and get creative.

If you want, you can paint their helmets bone/white as they are following the rules like the Ultramarines with white helmet veterans but still with a full Terminator 1st Company.

Thanks for the timely responses everyone. I will soon be posting a 2k list if anyone would care to take a look.

I think I will be making a Desciples of Caliban list after all. I really like the idea of a chapter of "virtuous and noble" marines with a geneseed "of the highest pedigree". I especially like the fact that they were created for a secret purpose that not even the other unforgiven successor chapters know about. I also decided against the Angels of Absolution because they arent really "Unforgiven," since they have apparently forgiven themselves.

Again, thank you for your input. I look forward to joining the ranks of the unforgiven.

Archived