Mini Diorama

Huzzah!!!!

i have located and purchased a the perfect base for this diorama

gallery_48988_6171_33271.jpg

and if anyones interested this is the base I bought first but had moulded detail that got in the way.

gallery_48988_6171_18197.jpg

Also, the ebay seller paints the bases' to the pictured quality... for only a couple of euros....so pounced on that opportunity, since I don't need to pain the base I guess I need to pick up the pace and finished this diorama off.

Also, part 2, I've three more dioramas I'm ready to start, but will be limiting myself to one at a time, so, which one do you guys wanna see more?

1. Space Wolf "riding" a Tau battlesuit, removing its head, or,

2. Blood Angel/Fleash Tearer riping the heart out of a Dark Eldar Haemonculus, or,

3. Imperial Fist lifting a guardsman up by his armour slappimg him in the face, "Did you just call me yellow" suggestion

It's probably gunna take the rest of the month to finish out my current diorama, so I'll take a tally 1st of September and get started.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome idea, hehe. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

As for my vote for the next diorama, I'd say a Death Company Blood Angel ripping out the Haemonculus' heart would be my first choice. Second, and only begrudgingly, I would say the Space Wolf riding the Tau suit. Perhaps have a chainsword/axe/whatever stuck into the suit and the Wolf is hanging on (kinda piggy-back style, perhaps?), howling in rage and exhiliration. That'd look cool too, hehe.

Might as well go with the Imperial Fist picking up and slapping a guardsman, if only because this is a power armored forum and we can get away with making fun of the shorties.

I like the way this diorama is turning out, keep it up.

One week to go and the score is as follows:

3rd, with 1.5 votes Space Wolf,

2nd, Blood Angels with 2 votes,

1st, with 3.5 votes, Imperial Fist.

1/2 votes are 2nd preferances, still a week to go to let me know what you wanna see!

Cheers,

Jono

Im going to go witht eh blood angel death company mauling a DE haemonculous....its partially my bias but also the thought of how cool you could make it. After all the blood angels are highly decorative with their armor and even more so on their death company. So you could make up a marine with hte ultimate BA iconography and decorations and the really have fun with blood spatter and dripping....and other such gorey things we all love so much :lol:

As I paint Blood Angels and really enjoy seeing BA related stuff, I would say "Go for a Blood Angel brother !", but I know blood (if any) won't be easy to see on the armour. It will be awesome anyway ! (but go for BA :D)

Just a quick update today,

...so some pics of the painted bases off of eBay, the first one is for a future project,

gallery_48988_6171_453052.jpg

the second for this diorama,

gallery_48988_6171_337846.jpg

and the third pic is some GS work over some cling-wrap to preserve the painted base,

gallery_48988_6171_296204.jpg

still needs tidying up, but the "puddle" of GS is where I'll be painting, blood, brains etc...

and scraping in with two last minute votes, the Flesh Tearer ripping out the heart of a Dark Eldar Haemonculous is our winner!!!!

Cheers,

Jono

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sadly, I've lost my painting privileges until I get a carpet protector (stupid new carpets :devil: )

Danget... I wanted to see the Imperial Fist in the more comedic setting. Also, good work.

-Appthecarian

Fear not !!! Although it may not be my next, it is still on the TBC hitlist.

Cheers,

Jono

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Any progress? ;)

Sadly, no. Just about everything went on hold for the LPC this year and now we've got the DA's painting challange.......I've not forgotten or abandoned this project, just gunna be a bit before I get back.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived