Weird links in the sticky?

incarnus

I was just browsing the "Laws of the Lion" thread, and noticed the Deathwing painting guides. Being in the process of painting Deathwing myself, I decided to have a look. I was disappointed to find that most of the guides were of rather poor quality. I realize there is a need for basic guides for those just starting out, but I believe that some these articles are so dated and poorly photographed that they're not really any good to anyone.

All of these guides are characterized by sloppy drybrushing and out-of-focus photos:

Opticon's Deathwing Reborn

Lim Hao Ming's Deathwing

Shep's Deathwing

Jack Stockdale's Deathwing

Furthermore, everything the above guides are trying to do is done better and more efficiently in the next link, with better photos and modern materials:

kobrakei's How to paint bone quickly

I also noticed that Storm Ghost Terminators isn't actually Deathwing-specific (although it is similar, and well executed), and Tyra_Nid's step-by-step Deathwing guide seems to be a dead link.

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong area but the relevant thread is, of course, locked.

edit: forgot half a sentance

Thanks for the comments incarnus.

Yes some of those links are a bit long in the tooth, and the Tyra_Nid link has been dead for a while due to the hosting forum going down, so yes it should have been removed. Apologies for that.

The DA mods will get their heads together and have a bit of a prune out. But by all means suggest things you'd like to see linked to – we aren't all-seeing and can't cover all the interwebs :).

Cheers

I

Just to note I've found Trya_Nids painting tutorial elsewhere on the internet

http://www.games-workshop.com/doc/49086435/Deathwi...inator-Painting

I used this guide myself while painting my first deathwing squad. Its really easy to follow and I like the results

EDIT: for some strange reason, when I copy and paste the link it shows up as a GW link. Is there a rule about posting stuff from s_c_r_i_b_d that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for the replies, mods! Happy to be of any minor help I can, the B&C has been a hugely useful resource for me. I eventually ended up using VanSan's method, which I found to be excellent.

A few Deathwing guides I've come across (may need review):

GW's guide

Bushido Red Panda from Fly Lords of Terra

Ron from From the Warp

The Vanus Temple guide

A couple of these guides are pretty standard, and a couple have some nice alternative methods.

Cheers!

edit - fixed a link

Archived