Jungle/Forest Bases

I'm doing a little side project to give me a slight break from painting my Blood Angels. Now, I want to base these other models on a simple but effective base that matches their green armor. I use this style of tile bases for my Blood Angels, and I'm looking for something similar as far as modeling/painting skill go. Any suggestions?

Sand, small branches and birch tree seeds make nice forest bases. Link. Flock works well as moss.

For jungle I'd just swap the seeds for some aquarium plants and occasionally add a GS snake to a base. Just add more foliage and maybe some spots of color.

Hello.

Pretty simple: Standard sand groundwork (you could use tea leaves, apparently Yorkshire Tea is good). Prime black, drybrush up through browns.

Foliage is coarse turf from woodland scenics stained with a little wash made of the dark brown used to base the groundwork.

Brass etch leaves are from Atenociti's workshop (link via my blog). These need kinking with a chisel-end scribing tool to make them bend correctly. Superglue and an accelerant are handy for twisting the stems together and sealing before attaching to the base (drill a hole to take the stem).

The brass etch is painted with mixes of knarloc green, orkhide shade and bleached bone, washed back with thraka green, devlan mud. Try to keep things a little varied between plant types.

Archived