Deathwing Terminators Plastic Boxed Set ?

bevulf

I do not normally start such threads very often but after looking on the latest models released for Grey Knights (and along with two waves for Blood Angles and models for Space Wolves) I feel a little bit unhappy that we still have to wait for our update.

I was thinking what would be great for us in terms of new plastic models? Don’t you think that we truly lack updated Deathwing terminators? If space wolves got their wolf guard termies why won’t we have our 1st company in full plastic box. I hope that after the insane level of details on latest grey knights terminators ours should be simply outstanding !!

Moreover don’t you think that the veterans box also needs some amendments? I mean better shoulder pads (I don’t like the ones with just a sword, they look incomplete to me – maybe in 2006/2007 it was hard for GW to make a proper winged sword on SP??)

Some more torsos and weapons in place of the poor deathwing parts from the sprue.

Maybe also we get a new plastic flying contraption ;) available only for ravenwing ?

What you guys think?

This thread may have some related comments -

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=228919

And to answer your initial question, yes, we should. They had a range of old metal terminators way back (before the current codex), no reason they shouldn't give them an update in plastic, each one with the iconic dagger and some feathers - either sculpted on or as sprue additions. I'd also like to see a lion motif on a shoulder pad, chest plate, knee pad, etc. make it's way into the Dark Angels ranges in general. Though the (broken)sword, wings, feathers is the main theme with DW/DA, and I'm sure they don't want to convolute the theme too much, maybe just small trinkets such as bolter decor and hangers would work - maybe a cape with lion fringe at the to. New unique heraldry shields would also be nice.

I'm just glad termies haven't gone up in price like everything else has. I bought my two landraiders when they were $50 each and now they're up to $66. I'd like to see some new deathwing. I'd especially love to see deathwing of the same quality as the space hulk termies. I wouldn't be surprised to see finecast jetbike that'll we need to buy at least three of.

With the way the grayknight terminator kit is packed there shouldn't be much reason to not include all the current deathwing options in a single box. I can just picture them only including 3 each of TLC, TH/SH, SB/PF, and 1 power sword though just so we have to buy multiple boxes. Just looking at the greyknight box though I can already picture where each of pieces would go. As long as they stick with the weapons being separate from the arms they should be able to fit everything in a single box.

I'm not really sure what else the DA could really get outside of any new SC's or new units created for the codex. I know I want to see Sammy redone as a finecast model. I still have the metal sitting in its box untouched because I'm dreading starting the thing.

With the way the grayknight terminator kit is packed there shouldn't be much reason to not include all the current deathwing options in a single box. I can just picture them only including 3 each of TLC, TH/SH, SB/PF, and 1 power sword though just so we have to buy multiple boxes. Just looking at the greyknight box though I can already picture where each of pieces would go. As long as they stick with the weapons being separate from the arms they should be able to fit everything in a single box.

I'm not really sure what else the DA could really get outside of any new SC's or new units created for the codex. I know I want to see Sammy redone as a finecast model. I still have the metal sitting in its box untouched because I'm dreading starting the thing.

:D keep the faith brother, all good things come to those who wait :D

:D keep the faith brother, all good things come to those who wait :D

I'm pretty much finished with my deathwing so I probably wouldn't buy more than 1 or 2 boxes of it anyway, mostly to get robed termies. I'm more looking forward to whatever else they decide to add to push us further away from C:SM. There has been enough wishlisting threads recently though so I won't start rambling about that.

I want a tech marine in termy armor, and on bike

Now I know he cant be a member of the DW but I refuse to believe that they go off without one on crusade,. TDA does not maintain itself!

He'll I'd like to see the no DW TEch marines things dropped. If anyone was going to understand about 1/2 of your brothers going evil, it would be the mechanicus

Its about time we got Terminators on bikes!

.... No, just no

Although.... if Ward writes the codex.......

lol

Its about time we got Terminators on bikes!

.... No, just no

Although.... if Ward writes the codex.......

lol

...And from the deepest, dankest dungeons of the Rock stormed the Thunderlion Cavalry, their Calabanite Lions bellowing in challenge as their grim riders' ebon Terminator suits flickered in the wan light of dying stars.

Please, no.

In all seriousness, I've got 55 Deathwing now. While a new DW set would be lovely, I've already got one whole company of Dark Angels, plus half each Deathwing and Ravenwing. I can only sneak so much past my wife.... ;)

I've got 5 squads already, working on finishing up my 6th and I'll get my Venerable Dreadnought next. A dedicated Deathwing box would be great, but I think most of us are already past the point of really needing one.

Of course, some thunder hammers with Dark Angels icons on them would look pretty sweet. If they throw in the CML and AC then I'd be more than willing to buy one.

I still have the metal sitting in its box untouched because I'm dreading starting the thing.

I thought the same... until a saturday morning I saw the still-in-wrap box and thought "5 years is is enough time... GET WITH IT" and he got built and primed!

Rescue him... he'd do it for you!

As for TDA with bikes...that would solve the beacon issues xDDD

I know its not fluffy but I hope we get some bad a$$ big kit, along the lines of dreadknight...sigh, I acknowledge I'm envious of DK, SR, TWC and zillion other shiny toys...

Heck, I'll even trade in the NIB LR and terminators I have "just in case" xDDD

As for TDA with bikes...that would solve the beacon issues xDDD

Reminds of something that came up in a game once. We were both fairly new and I was running my RW bikes without actual bikers on them yet (for ease of painting of course), when my opponent realized I was planning to deep strike my terminators in on those bikes, she literally thought the terminators were going to mount up on the bikes. She made some comment like, "You want them to hop on the bikes, right, because I don't see any riders?" She didn't seem to be joking at all, but I could be wrong.

Obviously that gives us machine spirit guided bikes that terminators can mount and dismount at will.

Just you wait... by the time our codex comes out, terminators will be sold individually and in Finecast.

with the bases sold separately :)

Oh please, Don't even joke about that...prices are already bad enough down under.

on the other hand...would be good for those retailers who offer alternatives...

-kizzap

• 3 weeks later...
For me it would be good to have a deathwing box as i only have 4 old school metal termies and one sarge.It is indeed a nessecity to have such a box.Space pups can have theirs while the best terminator company in the galaxy(enough with those pesky grey knights)can have one?

It seems to me that there isn't a huge need for it since the Dark Angels Veterans box already comes with Terminator upgrade parts with Dark Angels iconography, including an assault cannon and deathwing shoulder pads, and if I remember right even optional legs and the like. It makes sense for the Grey Knights to get a separate kit since their Terminators have a very different armor appearance than the standard SM termies, and also because they were converting the Grey Knights over from a completely metal range to a plastic range.

When I was assembling my Dark Angels a couple of years ago, I was perfectly happy with the Veterans box as a source for all my robes/heads/armor/weapon upgrade parts. This is just my opinion of course, but I don't think there will be a separate Deathwing Box when the new codex comes out sometime in the future.

I for one am ready to part with more of my hard earned dosh to replace my DW bodies with new robed ones, I hope GW shows some of their usual cutthroatness (word? :) ) and do give us some more sprues. I am only painting the magnetised arms of the ones I have now in the vain hope ;) .

I will still have all my 40+ robed PA Vets and GW will still sell more for those that are keen on greenwing.

stobz

I prefer variety of parts over cheap, so I hope there is a separate set for Deathwing Terminators rather than they just get put in a starter set.

Total agreement, reality may let us down and make the only way to get them and a new Belial is in a starter set, pre-emptive curse ;). done now back to optimism :o

stobz

Archived