Veteran Squad or tactical squad & a tank build

Vexicus

Hail Brothers,

I have aquired 10 Veternas and was wondering if its really worth all those points to kit them out with different weapons like a couple of plasma guns, a couple of meltas, storm bolters and alike or if my just better using them as a standard tactical squad?

I have also got a new preditor and was wondering weather to use it as anti infantry, anti tank or a mix of both. I currently have 2 tactial squads of 10, one with a heavy bolter and the other with a missile launcher. A Ravenwing with a heavy bolter mounted on an attack bike, a Deathwing with assualt cannon and a Devistator squad containg 2 plasma cannons, a las cannon and a multi melta. I feel I may have enough anti infantry but do i have enough anti tank?

Any help would be much appreacated.

It is generally worth it to kit a few of them out, and have the rest armed with a CC & BP as that will give you the greatest bang for your buck. As to veterans I have 20 all mixed, and matched for any combo i may want, or need.

The sad thing is the Autocannon-HB Predator is very inexpensive compared to the Lascannon version, so much so that I don't use the Las anymore :lol:

Missile launcher Devastors are fun ;) As to the DW you can mix, and match so you can have 5 thunder hammer, and Stormshield terminators with one carrying a Cyclone. It has two shot a turn. I personally prefer my speeders with a Multimelta since they can run up, and nuke just about any vehicle to death.

Regarding the predator setup... m-a-g-n-e-t-i-z-e! Its a hassle, its not dirty cheap and the first million times you'll get the polarities wrong... but having the opportunity to swap weapon literally in less than a second it VERY VERY sweet.

That goes also for the Attack Bike... and its multimelta (which you will usually find of better performance).

Hope it helps!

yup, i used magnets and i love it now, took a bit of fiddling to get used to it but now i can use my pred however i want. generally i use an all laz pred, its expensive but it packs a mean mobile anti tank punch and my area is quite heavy on tanks. in fact i have so many tank heavy armies in my area that i often use 2 all laz preds.

for veterans i use all 1 melta gun, 6 close combat weapons + bolt pistols, 2 power swords and a power fist, its pretty cheep and packs a nasty punch, i usually attach them to azrael and either put them in a landraider or drop a guy and put them in a rhino.

I nearly always use a Devestator squad, typicaly i arm them with 4 rocket launchers, its cheep and gives them flexibility. They have mixed results with that layout, i often wonder at how a plasma cannon or 2 would do in there, it might be worth a try but then i use plasma cannons in all of my tactical squads so im never short on ap2.

but azrael with close combat vets has never let me down, they can take on almost anything and do a grand job.

for tactical squads i mix them up a bit. my usual load out is a sergent with a power fist, plasma gun, plasma cannon and a rhino. i know that the weapons can overheat but with a 3+ armour save its only a 1/18 chance of actually dieing per shot which doesnt seem bad to me. the rhino i always give an extra storm bolter to, those 4 stormbolter shots always come in handy and infact double the firepower of the squad at long range.

for ravenwing i equip them as a fast anti tank cruise missile. they usually die after they have done their thing but if that means taking out a demolisher then its worth it, even if that tank is worth less than they are it means i dont have to worry about ap2 templates flying all over the place. i equip them with 6 guys, 2 melta guns, melta bombs on the serg, multi melta on the attack bike and sometimes a power weapon.

edit, that was weird. it seemed to repeat all of the text 3 times....

Archived