Need Help With Magnus

Iron_Adam

I recently got my hands on a Magnus mini, and I have been looking through the Collected Visions and online interpretations, of the crimson king.

Surprisingly there is very little of Magnus out there that really resonates with what the guy really looked like. In a thousand sons there was a plethora of description, but it always felt like it was in flux.

The only thing i know for sure is that hes gonna be really tanned, and hes gonna have deep red hair. as for his cape, and the color of his armour I have no idea really where to go, so I'm hoping that some good advice comes out of this, anyone who remembers some of the descriptions of the thousand sons book or those who have done it already, I would really like some input. I might post pics along the way, but I dont want this to turn into a WIP, unless people want that.

Doesn't he have bronze/gold armour? I'd go with that, and I'm sure in A Thousand Sons he has some kinda cape made from feathers. Think Ancient Egypt style and colours, on a giant cyclops wizard.

The nipple horns are already there lol, every pic has them.

And I remember the thing about the feathers, but this model seems to only have the mane of hair.

It's mainly the cape is my issue, I want to do some sort of iridescent blue with pink in the highlight on the inside, and dark dark red on the back

Just please, please don't give him the nipple-horns on his armour. The Sanguinary Guard have nothing on him.

I must admit, that is something that has always struck me about pictures of magnus, why does he have nipple horns? it makes the sanguinary gaurd look normal? Perhaps thats why russ hated him so, the one thing russ hated more then anything in the universe was nipple horns...

Just please, please don't give him the nipple-horns on his armour. The Sanguinary Guard have nothing on him.

+10000000. That's easily the worst, least fitting (in my opinion), picture in the Collected Visions book. Nipple horns? Like, what? Why??

+10000000. That's easily the worst, least fitting (in my opinion), picture in the Collected Visions book. Nipple horns? Like, what? Why??

maybe he was cold

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DROP THE NIPPLE HORNS - rather more dramatic than begging. ;)

I would depict him in a full set of armour, not like some of the art work with bare arms, also please don't put his eye in the middle of his forhead - he isn't an actual cyclops. The whole feel of Magnus losing his eye is taken directly from the myth of Odin. So make sure his one eye is in the right place! ;)

This is a picture of the actual mini, this one isn't mine, and I don't really agree with the collies much, for instance he looks crazy sun burnt after being in front of a computer screen all summer. Also the guy made part of the mane white

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/147973-M...20primarch.html

Picture of the mini you've got to start out would be really useful to see what it's got to work with.

His RIGHT eye is missing, but there's no trace that it used to be there. Just smooth face. He has a cloak of feathers, which I believe is red but I'm not sure. He's the tallest of the Primarchs, so he'd be considerable larger than an Astartes/Terminator and almost certainly taller than a Dreadnought. His left eye changes colour with his mood. His armour is golden. His hair and skin are both red (hence Magnus the Red).

Much as blue is a nice colour to use on Magnus as he is a sorcerer, if it's a pre-heresy look you're going for he was very much into the gold and red, maybe some purple. I believe he has a purple gem in his breastplate on the cover of A Thousand Sons, but ignore that picture completely. He looks ridiculous.

EDIT: Just seent he picture. Hold on whilst I update my advice...

I would suggest smoothing over the right eye section of his face to bring it into line with A Thousand Sons. If you don't like the nipple horns, cut them off. Personally, I would. I imagine his hair to be properly red, not ginger, and I'm faily sure that's how it's intended to be. The armour looks a bit dark and worn, I think a brighter gold would work better. His weapon definitely looks too golden, maybe change the colour of the handle. Personally I think the armour should all be gold, without those blue and red bits, details like the scarabs I would do in purple. The ... stuff? ... around his arms might look a little better in red to match the cloak, or in blue if you go that way with the cloak.

Overall it's a nice model, hope it turns out well however you decide to do it :tu:

I don't think I'm gonna bother smoothing out the eye, even though thousand sons it's smooth; in propsero burns it's a puckering eye lids where the eye used to be. Mainly because I'm no good with green stuff really. I like the idea of purples, I think I'm gonna use purplish pinkish blue hues on the wings on his armor. Armor is go na be gold all the way.

Still the cape on the model troubles me, I don't want to clash with the red hair.

Thanks for the input everyone

Golden nipple horns!!!! DEAD SEXY!!!!!!!!!!

only if you are Slaaneshii, or a very, very drunk Space wolf :HQ:

To everyone else..... well, it's certain to make everyone step away from you, perhaps it was like the Emperor's new clothes and no one wanted to be the one to tell him how horrifiyng and weird they were... what was he thinking, impale his enemies in hugs of doom?

Perhaps do a deep blue on the robes/cape with mystical sybols/constelation/runes in gold or silver on it?

Archived