Wet Palette questions

Ok so I just started to use this method with my painting as I have had to repurchase all of my painting supplies anyways, I have a few questions regarding the type of paper to use in mine. I am currently using palette paper in mine and it seems to work fairly well. I have read that baking paper or tracing paper is what most people use I was just wondering if the type of paper im using is the right kind or not or if anyone else uses it in their wet palette. Thanks in advance for the tips

Okay, if you live in the U.S. (or similar areas), the paper you should look for is called "baking parchment" and can be found in most grocery aisles. In MY experience, this paper allows the best saturation of the paper, but not TOO MUCH water. Waxed Paper is not the right consistency, but some people have had good results. I can't speak on that behalf. Seriously, if you buy a roll of baking parchment, you'll be set for a long time of painting with your wet palette, at a minimal cost. When setting up a wet palette, this helps SO MUCH.

Thats what I thought but i bought a book of palette paper thinking it would work the same way and so far its worked but I haven't used the paint yet but I checked the paint and it hasn't dried yet since I stored it so it may work just the same but ill have to pick up some baking paper and see if its any better. Thank you for the advice

Archived