Land Speeder weapon question

My search-fu has yielded nothing on this so far on this site but I was wondering if there was any recommended method to convert or adapt a heavy flamer for the land speeder model? Pretty sure the old Tornado variant box had one but since they made it an all in one there wasn't any sign of the piece.

Here's how I do it.

For a gunner fired Flamer I chop the barrels off the multi melta and graft on either barrel and muzzel off a termie or dread flamer or just sculpt a flamer like muzzel over the multi melta one. I basicly do the same thing for the hull mount to make the multi melta, chop back the Heavy Flamer barrel and replace with one off a Multi Melta, or sclupt it into a melta looking weapon. Both methods give passable results as is, and if you want to go the extra mile it's not hard to add more flamer like tanks and hoses.

Edited to correct post for hull mounted Multi Melta since I had flamers on the brain.

If you fancy doing an underslung one then you'll need a flamer nozzle or two (just the front bit with the perforated guard will do it) one or two small diameter plasticard tubes and for added detail, either the top or bottom half of a Baal Predator's flamestorm 'juice barrels'.

Or you could try and pintle mount the Heavy Incinerator from a Dreadknight, I reckon that'd look pretty cool.

I was under the impression that the current Landspeeder kit contained 1 of each of the weapons (Heavy bolter, Multimelta, Heavy flamer, Assault cannon and pair of Typhoon launchers) with an adaptor piece for fitting the HF and AC underslung with the searchlight.

(The last plastic landspeeder I bought had all of the weapon upgrades in plastic and a recut chassis and body to the original).

According to the GW website the latest kit includes, quote,

This set contains all of the weapon options allowed by Codex: Space Marines including: an assault cannon, a heavy flamer, a Typhoon missile launcher, a multi-melta and a heavy bolter.

On the flip side, the Land Speeder in the Ravenwing box most definitely does NOT have all the options and is missing the flamer at a minimum.

Get a baneblade or IG hullmounted flamer, that's the easy way out.

Also, using 2 normal flamers, flued together (one top of the other... in a symmetric way) looks good.

To give some clarification.The "new" Speeder contains a HB and a MM for the gunners rail mount and you get a Assault Cannon and HF for the hull mount plus all the parts to do the Typhoon Launchers. As far as I know,the Raven Wing box does not have the hull mounted HF.

My method described ealier in the thread is the way I stretch the parts a bit when people want things magnitized. I also noticed I had my head going the wrong way so I fixed that post for the hull mounted HF to MM process.

It depends, if you want it chin-mounted, then you can do what I did & use the HF from the Iron clad dread if you didn't use both.http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x84/red_starrise/40K/Imperial%20Fists/CIMG4558.jpg

how did you make the cockpits for your speeders?

Thank you for the responses, I got my speeders out of the old boxes and the ravenwing set so that explains why none came with them. I don't have any heavy flamers in my bits box or that aren't in use so I'll check my LGS to see if they have some spare bits or if any of the other gamers have them.

Archived