Great book, Prospero Burns

smoadia85

Just read finish the book few days ago. Very riveting as I come to like this Hawser guy. His story seems to written with Manchurian Candidate and Inception all woven together. Part of what makes the story so captivating was the confusion in the story line that keeps you going because you believe at the end of the book it's gonna make sense, which thankfully the author did.

Now, forum question raising time. Who the heck is it exactly that's screwing with Hawser's mind? Horus? Magnus? Or all the 4 gods of Chaos coming together to play a part?

I pretty much assumed it was a daemon of Tzeentch or an element of Tzeentch himself. Before I'd realised that, though, I still assumed it was that Thousand Sons Captain (I've forgotten his name).

Not only the "kill as much of each other as possible", but also the "complete the process already begun and drive the most psychically gifted legion into Tzeentch's arms" factor.

I suppose that would make sense, seeing as they have only ever been in the warp. Like people/creatures/gods living in the Materium don't understand much about the warp, to varying degrees.

I always thought it was a Chaotic singular force/being/multi-faceted god of madness. Basically a manifestation of the pantheon to subvert the mortals and help bring on the Heresy.

Not only the "kill as much of each other as possible", but also the "complete the process already begun and drive the most psychically gifted legion into Tzeentch's arms" factor.

The Thousand Sons' needed a major blow to their numbers and faith to help turn them to Chaos, hence have lots of them die to the assault on Prospero. The Space Wolves were the only legion intended to deal with rogue space marine forces so plenty of them needed to die so not to cause major damage to any Chaos allied forces and hamper the siege of Terra.

Hence Tzeentch seemed to manipulate the two legions into a battle which could cause the most casualties on both sides as possible. At least that's what I viewed the main objective of the schemes in Prospero Burns to be anyway.

Interesting thought. A changeling who was Amon-who-wasn't-Amon, able to manifest in so close a proximity to the Emprah's light. And the Emprah didn't detect it? Amazing.

AMON! That's his name. :Troops:

@ Codicier Lucion - uh huh, yup.

Re: Amon, it is indeed interesting, and surprising. Also, if the vision that Ingethel showed Argal Tal of the Emperor's genelab was real, and if Ingethel is to be believed, she was able to manifest there in His presence, but had to be careful in what she did to avoid attracting His attention. (capitalization of pronouns used more to make it clearer who I'm talking about, rather than any reverence :D)

This has no basis in fact whatsoever, just conjecture on my part, but I like the idea that, after the Emperor and the Gods had discussed their plans for the primarchs, the gods insisted on some watchmen type daemons who could manifest at will close to the emperor to keep an eye on him.

I don't know the logistics of such a thing, but if the Gods really were a bit dense as to the real world then they'd need a way of ensuring the Emperor was keeping up his side of the deal.

Archived