Template for a Space Marine Sergeant

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, as of today. I'm not sure if this is the right room to post it in, so if not lemme know for future reference.

Right, so I've been thinking of creating a Space Marine Sergeant Costume for me to wear that is on LRP standards. Realistic and detailed. I can think of how I could make the suit and what materials I need for it - the issue is that I can't find a good template of a Space Marine Sergeant. Just need good views of what their gear looks like from different angles and the shapes of them. So if you guys have or know of any pictures/templates on the interwebs, lemme know.

Thanks. ^_^

normally they have a chainsword and a boltpistol. Or a powerfist if thats easier to make. You can check how that gear looks like on one of your own models. But i don't know if the average model is the picture you look for..

Good luck, and post a pic when your done :D

I heartily recommend obtaining at least one model of a sergeant, if only to act as a prototype. The plastic kits are great because you could, in theory, scale up teh chest and shoulder pad sections for your own use. Especailly given teh cost of even a box of marines will be very easily absorbed in teh overall cost of such a project.

I would go with either a wire-frame skinned with plasticard or another lightweight material, else use some of that spray expanding foam which you can shape once set. Chickenwire or similar will work well to create a structure, but 40K armour is very curved so is difficult to get right - Heresy Era Iron or Crusade Armour might be easier to accomplish with any decent level of finish, with its overlapping bands and stud-work throughout....

Archived