Painting Abaddon, problem

Hi, I'm painting up Abaddon at the moment as a reprieve from revision ;)

I don't know what to do about the back and bottom of his shoulder pads, the top of his knees etc. where the edge of the trim meets the rear - I was wondering what you guys do on these sort of pads where the trim does not just end in a right angle (his 'pads have those large extentions on the top and little jutting out bits on the side which just don't properly join with the back)

Also any tips on painting his daemon sword Drachai'yen (sp?) would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you understand what I mean, its difficult to describe and my computers being a :) and won't let me upload pics, thanks

If it was gold, I'd paint in a dark brown and blend in to the gold. There are a load of tehse issues on fantasy models and a fari few marine models as well like the old plastic termies, its just a case of interpreting the design...

As for the deamon sword. I painted Archaon's similar sword Hawk Turquouse, Asurmen blue wash, and highligted all the way up through to white, washing asurmen blue and a couple of times with thraka green in betwen each highlight yater to unify the colours and add depth. Unfortunately nt board specific so cannot post...

Thank you both, Ill probably do a mixture of the two - a dark brown blended into the gold and then wash the deepest areas of the pads etc... with black to blend into the armour ^_^

I'll try you technique out for the sword too, I've actually got the part of archaon . . . spread out between three of my commanders, a mounted Slanesh sorceror, a Tzeench Lord in archaic termie armour and the sword on my Nurgle termie - so I'll give the sword technique a go on him first using green as a base.

(Actually I just remembered the Tzeench lord has my old Abaddon's sword so I'll get him painted up and try the technique out on him!!)

:lol:

Archived