Aurelian

Perrin

Yeah thats more then worth it to me. Thanks dude.

Just give us a heads up on when it may be available so I can furiously refresh the page spamming BUY BUY BUY.

I'll be right there with you, this sounds awesome! I am a huge sucker for these "behind the scenes" explanations of how things went down outside of the actual battlefields.

Hopefully the fiance will forgive me for shifting some wedding money away to another priority. :D

Will this be available for the masses later on? I heard Promethean Sun will be re-released some time next year for all of us people who weren`t fortunate enough to get it last month, so if the same thing applies to Aurelian, it would simplify my problems with obtaining everything HH related (considering the only place in my country where you can buy BL books tends to get them a month or two after the UK release... damn you Brits...).

As far as I know, it's not out until Games Day UK. Don't quote me on that; there'll be announcements and stuff closer to the time, it won't pop up without warning.

Will this be available for the masses later on? I heard Promethean Sun will be re-released some time next year for all of us people who weren`t fortunate enough to get it last month, so if the same thing applies to Aurelian, it would simplify my problems with obtaining everything HH related (considering the only place in my country where you can buy BL books tends to get them a month or two after the UK release... damn you Brits...).

The deal with the limited edition novellas is that they won't appear in any other format until 2+ years after their release, and they'll never be released in Collector's Edition format again. That's as much as I know.

So his name is Lorgar Aurelian?

If my memory serves me right Aurelian was to Lorgar what, say, Lupercal was to Horus. It's not an official part of his name -- Lorgar is Lorgar, plain and simple -- but everyone needs a nickname.

By likening Lorgar to Horus you've confirmed his question; Horus is known as Horus Lupercal to every Astartes and Primarch, just as Lorgar is known as Lorgar Aurelian, which is shown in the novel "The First Heretic".

I belived that is was the same thing as Fulgrim being the Phoenician, El'Jonson being The Lion or Magnus being Red

Ehhh, those are more likes titles rather than true appellations to their names, though. For instance, Ferrus' full name is Ferrus Manus. He's also called the Gorgon, but never Ferrus Manus Gorgon all in one shot. That's what seperates the Lupercal and Aurelian nicknames from the rest of the titles.

Just to make 100% clear - as I'd freaking hate anyone to shell out so much money over something on a misapprehension - it's very much the story of what Lorgar saw in the Eye of Terror. About a quarter of it (mostly the first couple and last few chapters) does deal with Lorgar and several Traitor Primarchs after Isstvan, including how they're noticing the Bearer of the Word is changing since the Dropsite Massacre, and Lorgar's reaction to Fulgrim's 'unique situation'.

This description... unfortunately, makes it a must have. Hopefully this is out around some event where I'm supposed to receive gifts...or I'll have to make one up.

The rough excerpt, brought forth some rich imagery, I can't imagine what this will do.

I am not usually the one for getting limited edition and similar things, but for this one I might actually indulge myself. After all, if it is priced the same way as "Promethean Sun", it is only about $26 more expensive than a typical PS3 video game... and I own a few of those. Now if I could only convince my wife of the necessity of this purchase... maybe if it comes out around November or later it can be a birthday present? :)

But Lorgars nickname is the Urizen, so Aurelian must be like Russ. Russ was called Leman Russ, but his nickname is the Wolf?

I posted a thread on this very subject a while back

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=225067

As discussed in that thread, the only Primarch who has a similar title to Lorgar is Horus.

Horus Lupercal

Lorgar Aurelian

They are the names that their respective Legions gave them. Leman Russ was Leman of the Russ long before the arrival of the Emperor on Fenris, Lorgar was just Lorgar unitl he joined his legion.

On topic: I was all set to ignore this novella, I had read the extract and was worried it was going to be a limited story if it is just "Fulgrim is a demon!! I R NOT HAPPY!!!" Shame on me for underestimating Mr. A D-B, Lorgars' personal development? The things he saw in the eye? Him taking his place within the traitor Primarchs circle? Sold, sold and sold sir!

As for it being the best cover art to date, I now expect nothing less than a warp infused leather-bound book of Lorgar cover.. With fire and breasts.. And guns which fire the previously mentioned items..

Paradill

But Lorgars nickname is the Urizen, so Aurelian must be like Russ. Russ was called Leman Russ, but his nickname is the Wolf?

I posted a thread on this very subject a while back

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=225067

As discussed in that thread, the only Primarch who has a similar title to Lorgar is Horus.

Horus Lupercal

Lorgar Aurelian

They are the names that their respective Legions gave them. Leman Russ was Leman of the Russ long before the arrival of the Emperor on Fenris, Lorgar was just Lorgar unitl he joined his legion.

On topic: I was all set to ignore this novella, I had read the extract and was worried it was going to be a limited story if it is just "Fulgrim is a demon!! I R NOT HAPPY!!!" Shame on me for underestimating Mr. A D-B, Lorgars' personal development? The things he saw in the eye? Him taking his place within the traitor Primarchs circle? Sold, sold and sold sir!

As for it being the best cover art to date, I now expect nothing less than a warp infused leather-bound book of Lorgar cover.. With fire and breasts.. And guns which fire the previously mentioned items..

Paradill

Ah right, I understand it now thanks :)

OT: I think it will be interesting to see what its like inside the EoT before traitor guardsmen and renegade/chaos marines took up residence there.

Will we plebs in Australia be able to get this great work, as i just loved the way Black Library rained on my parade by not letting me get my hands on Prometheus Suns. How I laughed at that..........

Loved the extract ! I was really impressed by how you portrayed 'Savage Weapons' across too!

Also just finished reading Blood Reaver, enjoyed it. Out of curiosity will you be carrying on with stories about Sahaal from Lord of the Night? I imagine it could tie in with Talos, as his views are rather similar. He may be found along the way sort of thing ?

From Soul Hunter I get the impression this could happen.

Keep up the good work anyway.

Purge

Just to make 100% clear - as I'd freaking hate anyone to shell out so much money over something on a misapprehension - it's very much the story of what Lorgar saw in the Eye of Terror. About a quarter of it (mostly the first couple and last few chapters) does deal with Lorgar and several Traitor Primarchs after Isstvan, including how they're noticing the Bearer of the Word is changing since the Dropsite Massacre, and Lorgar's reaction to Fulgrim's 'unique situation'.

But, again, none of it is "essential" reading in the sense of Horus Rising, for example. It's just (hopefully) a cool story to bridge a few gaps and show a little more between the cracks.

I'll be getting this Novella (page/word count btw?)

As a rough guide to the Horus Heresy:

Audio dramas are about 10,000 words.

Short stories are usually 8,000 to 15,000 words.

Novellas are about 30,000 words.

Novels are 90,000 to 150,000 words.

tl;dr -- Aurelian is about three times as long as my usual short stories, and about a quarter of the length of The First Heretic

Thats pretty useful info, I had no idea. Totally of topic, your Nightlords books are AMAZING!!

Will we plebs in Australia be able to get this great work, as i just loved the way Black Library rained on my parade by not letting me get my hands on Prometheus Suns. How I laughed at that..........

they let me have a copy. though it did cost $130 with postage.

I was really impressed by how you portrayed 'Savage Weapons' across too!

in that i especially loved the part where they teleport down to the planet. The way it spanned two chapters seemd to show nicely how teleporting feels.

It could certainly be interpreted that way.

Who did you manage to make that sound so creepy?

The man writes Night lords novels, so He has the skill to make everything sound creepy.. Fear is a weapon <_<

I want this novella !! I don't care if it costs 100£ I must have it..

the short extract alone makes you want to read it, to know how the other primarchs and horus will deal with the fact that Fulgrim is not really Fulgrim.. (altough horus already knew)

Another question besides the HH for ADB, since Nick kyme was mentioned it this topic it occured to me, that your Night lord characters met his Salamanders in 2 short stories (wonderfull to see the 2 sides that way)

Will this continue in the other novels ?? (both salamanders and night lords ?? )

:yuck:

• 2 months later...
Okay.

Yeah, Aurelian is Lorgar's surname, of sorts. Much like how Horus is occasionally "Horus Lupercal", Lorgar is (very rarely) Lorgar Aurelian in The First Heretic. Mostly, it's just his nickname, like Lupercal, rather than a solid surname.

Aurelian is a limited edition novella, like Promethean Sun. It'll probably be limited to about 3,000 copies. Aurelian was supposed to be first, but I missed my deadline (what a shock!) by so much, that another novella had to be commissioned to take its place in the schedule.

The premise behind it is "What did Lorgar see in the Eye of Terror?" and yes, the extract shown on BL.com a while ago - with all the Traitor Primarchs in council - was from Chapter One of Aurelian.

They posted the first draft extract a few hours after I'd handed it in, which actually bugged me a tiny bit as I could see little things like how there was a "the" missing, and so on. Here's the link to the extract: http://www.blacklibrary.com/downloads/prod...f/1-9/20000.pdf.

It's probably most notable for the fact that it shows a clear view of how I'll be treating Angron, and for showing how Lorgar is starting to change from his years of being lost and confused in The First Heretic. The actual novella also sets up my next Horus Heresy novel in the most obvious and blatant way possible, as the Eye of Terror section is framed by several Primarchs a few days after Isstvan, doing... things.

It gets released later in the year, and in my humble opinion, it has the best cover of anything in the series - novel, novella, or audio drama. But that's not getting shown for a while, yet.

Hope that helps.

Quick question, are these stories likely to ever be released as paperbacks (or even just with a wider distribution)?

I understand that they aren't necessary to the overall story arch of HH BUT, they do give deeper insight into characters that we are all interested in reading about. I own every HH book and multiple books from other portions of WH40K, but I just can't bring myself to throw down 50 bones for a novella. Being a Texan, I need every dollar to buy more guns and ammo (not kidding, I love guns and most are 100% legal here)

Thanks

Okay.

Yeah, Aurelian is Lorgar's surname, of sorts. Much like how Horus is occasionally "Horus Lupercal", Lorgar is (very rarely) Lorgar Aurelian in The First Heretic. Mostly, it's just his nickname, like Lupercal, rather than a solid surname.

Aurelian is a limited edition novella, like Promethean Sun. It'll probably be limited to about 3,000 copies. Aurelian was supposed to be first, but I missed my deadline (what a shock!) by so much, that another novella had to be commissioned to take its place in the schedule.

The premise behind it is "What did Lorgar see in the Eye of Terror?" and yes, the extract shown on BL.com a while ago - with all the Traitor Primarchs in council - was from Chapter One of Aurelian.

They posted the first draft extract a few hours after I'd handed it in, which actually bugged me a tiny bit as I could see little things like how there was a "the" missing, and so on. Here's the link to the extract: http://www.blacklibrary.com/downloads/prod...f/1-9/20000.pdf.

It's probably most notable for the fact that it shows a clear view of how I'll be treating Angron, and for showing how Lorgar is starting to change from his years of being lost and confused in The First Heretic. The actual novella also sets up my next Horus Heresy novel in the most obvious and blatant way possible, as the Eye of Terror section is framed by several Primarchs a few days after Isstvan, doing... things.

It gets released later in the year, and in my humble opinion, it has the best cover of anything in the series - novel, novella, or audio drama. But that's not getting shown for a while, yet.

Hope that helps.

Quick question, are these stories likely to ever be released as paperbacks (or even just with a wider distribution)?

I understand that they aren't necessary to the overall story arch of HH BUT, they do give deeper insight into characters that we are all interested in reading about. I own every HH book and multiple books from other portions of WH40K, but I just can't bring myself to throw down 50 bones for a novella. Being a Texan, I need every dollar to buy more guns and ammo (not kidding, I love guns and most are 100% legal here)

Thanks

You can obviously disregard this as you answered my question already in this thread.

Thanks

(PS, your Night Lord Apothecary is far and away my favorite Chaos character. No one comes close)

Archived