A watcher (or my attempt at GS)

Tanhausen

Hi there,

Had some time this weekend, so I attempted to sculpt a watcher.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv140/T3mp4n0/Vigilante.jpg

First did waist-down (I really like how the left leg looks) but the arms were nightmare to do :P

Ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

I know I probably didn't do the best of the jobs... but I'm glad that feeling came across ;)

The model is in a pose that allows to put a sword on the arms or hold a book in front...

I'll wait and see if somebody else wants to chip in with some suggestions and I'll sculpt the other 4 to be objective markers and so.

A good effort I reckon. A couple of ideas to take or leave; perhaps sculpt it so it appears there is a bit more length to the material in the hood and sleeves, so they drape slightly more. Particularly around the wrists? Also, are you going to add in details, like a simple rope belt, possibly then with some DA-type paraphernalia, or would you rather keep it exclusively material?

The wrist robes is a good idea... Ill try and change that on this model.

I also like the robe belt, or maybe a chain, dunno.

Not wanting to add DA iconography besides the objects they carry...keep them a bit out of the chapter.

Not wanting to add DA iconography besides the objects they carry...keep them a bit out of the chapter.

Good thinking, some detachment is more fitting. I personally think a rope belt would look more continuous with the fabric robe, but hey, it's up to you <_<

What sword would you use? Try to trim the hand away from the handle of an existing plastic DA one? Ah, try to find Cypher's sword from somewhere!! That'd be rad.

It does look kinda creepy. Reminds me of the killer in Exorcist III

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qXqHnvw96H4/TP97DgGeTvI/AAAAAAAAAhE/vy2Pn7UMWsM/s320/halloween07-exorcist3.jpg

Good job though <_<

Archived