Your HQ Choice and why?

Vexicus

Hail Borhters,

I was wondering what my brethern use as thier HQ? I personally use either a Company Master or a Chaplin. So what do you all use and why do you use it?

Many Thanks Brothers.

Good question. Belial for me. In order to run DW as troops I have no option – maybe next codex though ;) .

In 4th Edition (maybe out of the topics remit) it was an Epistolary in termy armour or a Grand Master in termy armour with the Sword of Secrets. The termy libby was probably the best DA HQ option I've ever used thus far.

Prior to my DW-fixation, it was a Chaplain with a jump pack and melta bombs. Now he was fun with an assault squad. A bit old hat now I guess.

Cheers

I

I use a jump pack interrogator chaplain usually. To run with a full 10-man assault squad. They can really lay on the hurt. But as I am working on creating a Deathwing army, I've been starting to run Belial.

It depends on how competative im playing or what i fancy.

Typically in less than 2500 I only run 1 HQ, If im using more than 1 squad of terminators i run Belial, If im using greenwing i use either a Company Master with a thunderhammer or a lightning claw and combi-plasma.

I sometimes use a chaplain attached to an assault squad but more often than not i just stick with a master

All my HQs get a good run. I have 2 versions of every HQ except Sammael.

- Chaplain and TDA Interrogator-Chaplain

- TDA Librarian (PA version needs to be updated/converted)

- Company Master and Belial (I run Belial for DW troops as well as for a TDA master for fair cheap)

- Sammael on jetbike. Need to make a speeder version of him.

Mostly I run the Interrogator-Chaplain with my pure Deathwing in a assault-orrientated DW squad. Lately my Libby rarely gets used at all.

I'm seeing Belail pop up alot, I'm wondering if I should make myself up a 2xLC Belail.

Most competitive lists revolve around deathwing... so it only makes sense to take Belial, who for 130 points is a better-than-average terminator AND makes them troops.

Personally I use Belial (magnetized for TH/SS, LC or SB/PW), Sammael in jetbike and tested once Ezekiel.

At 4th edition (or was it 3rd? around 2002-4, can't remember xD), I loved assault marines, so I too went for a JP chaplain with plasma pistol.

I've been playing mostly 1500 point games recently, so I'm always bringing my Belial equivalent around. When I play higher point games, I have either a TDA Libby or a TDA Interrogator-Chaplain to bring as well.

I'll be making a Master with thunder hammer soon to go with my regular troops for larger point games. I've got the old Sammael metal jetbike to put together, just don't have enough bikes to justify using him yet.

Well, used to be the counts-as-Sammael in my avatar. I did a pretty sweet scratch-build, if I do say so myself. Lately though, I'm off the Ravenwing bikers. I've been using Belial instead - really cost-effective with THSS, and unlocks Terminators as Troops. He's about the only competitive HQ we've got.

Hmm I can almost see Belial coming to join me. Now what weapons should he take from the amroury? Considering the vast majority of my fors is dedicated ranged then I'm thinking a Stormbolter and CC weapon, but 2xLC looks so cool. Hmm what a issue im gonna have

Hmm I can almost see Belial coming to join me. Now what weapons should he take from the amroury? Considering the vast majority of my fors is dedicated ranged then I'm thinking a Stormbolter and CC weapon, but 2xLC looks so cool. Hmm what a issue im gonna have

This is why I have two versions of my Belial stand-in. One with SB and sword, the other with TH/SS. Depending on who I'm going up against, I can choose either version. I haven't made a TLC version yet because I'm really hoping we get a Dark Angels terminator box, just like the recent Grey Knight terminator box.

I use Belial almost exclusively because of the types of lists I like to run, but am also willing to use Sammael, especially in mechanized lists. Any other HQ either has to fight for a place to belong (due to rigid squad sizes), or doesn't provide enough benefit for his cost to be the sole HQ. A terminator Librarian might be the 3rd option for current army design, and he would basically be leading an elite Deathwign squad in a greenwing army.

Even our bike-mounted HQs are impractical due to not having the Scout special rule. It really comes down to either opening up better troops or having a convenient place to stick the HQ that doesn't waste the points investment in it.

Depends on the edition

3.5 codex i'd use a libi, or a chaplain. Mostly, My DA were DW

4.0 A chaplain, Force commander, or a Grey Knight Grandmaster. With the updated wargear I had let some DW back into my army but primarily used GK terminators. Now with the New GK codex I'm going to have to figure out a new solution.

Well considering I played Deathwing and have done since 3rd Edition Codex, it's safe to say I use Belial. He isn't the greatest HQ in the codex but he's cheap and can usually take on some squads or a decent enough HQ. And taking into account that he grants access to scoring Terminators for a mere 130 points.

I usually run mine with TH/SS in my new list and for my Mech DW list, I give his LC and watch him go to town.

Archived