D201-N52 magnets from K&J

looking to magnetize my speeders, are these capable of holding A) the typhoon missile launchers B) tornado pattern weapons C) the torso onto the legs in the gunners seat?

torso's are what im really curious about, since the upper body will be glued to either a MM or heavy bolter, ill have to paint a cpl more guys from waist up but totally seems worth it.

Hi mate,

I fully magnetized my landspeeders a while ago and had no problems.

You will need to do some extra work when building the speeders to build up inner walls etc for a place to mount the magnets but it is worth it.

Here is a quick link to my blog on one that I did.

http://dakka-dakka-daz.blogspot.com/2010/0...andspeeder.html

I will see if I can dig up some instructions from somewhere for you.

***Edit ***

And here is the link that I based mine off. I did the nose mount a bit different but it is all good. :P

http://talonstrike.blogspot.com/2009/05/ma...nd-speeder.html

would be much appreciated, right now i still have the guns off, gunner and driver out for ease of painting. but im figuring plastic glue on some sprue and jamming it in the missile pod area to fix a magnet to. (didnt attach the doors during construction because i figured the hinge deal coming off each door can get chopped and a magnet on the back would hold it in.

would be much appreciated, right now i still have the guns off, gunner and driver out for ease of painting. but im figuring plastic glue on some sprue and jamming it in the missile pod area to fix a magnet to. (didnt attach the doors during construction because i figured the hinge deal coming off each door can get chopped and a magnet on the back would hold it in.

That's exactly how I did mine. A small sprue "post" inside each weapon mount door, with a magnet glued into a hole drilledin the center. Just be sure your post isn't too far forward, and too tall to allow the part of the Typhoon launchers that pokes through the door to actually do so.

Archived