Using Custom Decals

Here's what I think I need to do:

Materials

Printer (Laserjet or Inkjet)

Decal Paper (Laserjet or Inkjet)

Gloss spray varnish (depending on brand of decal paper)

Step 1: Print a sheet of decals on the appropriate decal paper (matching the paper to your printer, and using clear or white based on your decal and the background).

Step 2: If required by your decal paper, spray with gloss varnish.

Step 3: Let dry overnight.

Step 4: Cut out and apply normally.

Have I missed anything?

Missing step 1, print a test sheet on non expensive regular printer paper first to make sure its what you want!

Other than that its pretty much it, I used micro sol and micro set when applying any custom decals and found they helped a lot. Also if you have white paper you'll probably have to touch up around the edges with your armour color unless you are 100% accurate trimming them with a knife. In this case I let them dry a day, or at the least for a few hours if I am in a rush as I have had more than one decall rip or tear because I started painting around it when it wasnt fully dried.

micro sol and micro set are your friends!

if you are printing your own try and get the thinnest decal paper you can , this will make a massive difference in the end , the thinner the decals are the better they conform to the surface.

thats half the problem with the GW ones , they are really thick , this is good in a way as they are stronger and dont rip as much , but can be a pain to get completly flat

Archived