Can anybody beat grey knights

andrew55

I think it is key to mention that it is important to make sure you know how the GK codex works (buy one and read it if you can), or at the very least quesiton everything and have your opponent show you in his codex having played with and against GKs I can tell you that there are so many special rules, that at times it feels like I can tell my opponent anything, and they will believe it.

"I have a psychic power that removes all enemy models from play"

"You do?"

"Yup"

"Well ok, GKs are so broken..."

That is interesting because I have yet to see anyone with Grey knights (other than myself) field squads with Psybolt ammo. It seems that most armies I have seen are either running Hechman spam (so no psybolts) or 5 man squads for most of the GK squads, at which point Psybolt ammo is not a worthwhile upgrade. As for power weapons, they hurt, but against storm shields they are not all that great, when you consider a strike squad with power weapons, against TH/Ss termies, it is the equivalent of a space marine tactical squad hitting another space marine squad. Then you run into a 5 man squad, and they are just not going to do much (6 attacks will probably not even kill a terminator, if the strikes charge they might manage to kill 1 terminator, the other 4 termies will kill around 4 Gks, and win combat.

In my area, money allowing, the common GK builds are 3 x rifle dread with psi, rhino with double psi cannon or razor spam with psi ammo...people are abusing the S5 and S8 shots so badly...:lol:

The reason I don't see it on infantry is because most people I see are running 5 man squads, which makes it very expensive, or just end up not having enough points. I only have it as an upgrade on my 1 ten man purifier squad in my current 2k list, but if you are running smaller squads it is just too expensive.

Been meaning to respond to this.

I drew with them the other week.

3 x Terminator Squads, belial heading up the command squad of the LRC with typhoon and ravenwing squad of three with 2 x meltas(DW delivery system).

Was objectives. I basically left mine open and took it too him midfield. Belial and squad 2 all held there midfield position and the games worth of GK termines were executed down to the grandmaster.

Squad 3 footslogged all the way to their objective down to 2 men in the end to hold the objective. His last 3 paladins held my objective.

Result: Draw - but very nearly recontested my own objective with the bikes.

They felt totally drawable and almost beatable!

DeathRaven onward!!

Archived