building techguard/skitarii

hey all. ive been sitting playing around with some of my bits today, as i need to create some skitarii/techguard to count as scouts for my DarkMech army

but problem is... i really cant wrap my head around how on earth to make them not using any kind of scout parts or spending lots of money. so how would you guys go about doing this? or have done?

• 3 weeks later...

I had an idea for a kitbash a while back. Keep in mind that it's untested, and price would depend on what bits you already have, or how cheaply you could get them.

Legs: Empire Flagellant

Torso: Cadian Trooper or SM Scout

Arms: Mix of Catachan and Necron

Head: Depends on the look you want: Bald Catachan, Bearded Flagellant, Hooded Wood Elf

Cadian Vox Backpacks would look good on them for big, bulky packs. The most work here would be cutting the torso and legs apart (flagellants are one-piece in that respect). It also depends on how augmented you want them to look. These would turn out to be mostly human (although muscular, probably gene-manipulated humans) with bionic arms.

Now, if you are open to non-GW companies. You could look into MicroArt Studios. Their Iron Brotherhood line (found here) is almost definitely meant to be used for AdMech.

well. i were going for the more augumented look really, and as i only have the cadian kit of those you listed, it would become really expensive :S

i would buy the microart ones at once if they we'rnt so rediculously expensive... i mean 10 euro for 2 models...

personally ive been thinking either FW's DKoK grenediers with hoods instead of helms (this would perhaps be the neetest option)... or some sort of conversion with the FW renegate guardsmen torso's. however the problem with those two options is the price-tag

I just started an Ad Mech army and for my Skitarii I've been using a Hoff Pattern.

On Ebay I found:

20 sets of High Elf Archer legs for $7

20 Cadian Torsos for $8

I've been using Cadian Guard arms and lasguns from my bitzbox to round things out, and for the heads I've been using all manner of stuff from Space Marines to Chaos Warriors

I second Head Monk on this,

I've bought 2 squads worth of Ad Mech on e-bay for just about 60$(CDN):

This is from different vendors as well as getting most of it BIN, as opposed to bidding, with patience you (probably) can cut the costs

High elf legs,

scout torsos (IG Grenadiers)

Scout sniper heads

Cadian torsos

Cadian weapons sprue

maybe a few other things/bitsz

and 20$ for Greystuff as well

it's all still en-route thought, so well see how it works out.

link to The Hoff's Ad Mech description: http://z6.invisionfree.com/adeptusmechanic...opic=72&hl=

Oh my God, finally someone else decides to make an Ad Mech Army.

Here are MY thoughts on this:

Modeling the skitarii has ****hard. I started using my leftover Guard (Cadians) pieces and from then on scratched them up. I took the servo-skulls and used them for heads for non-hooded guys and greenstuffed the robes at the bottom. Technically, I used detail putty mostly instead of GStuff (they used these for woodcraft but what the hell). The lasguns are a given. Had wiring to frame the robes and cords. Plasticard for plates.

A friend of mine gave me necron pieces so I used them for servitors. But I can't see to find them right now to give u photos.

Funny who the post icons on this reply thing doesn't have a Cog symbol to choose. Oh well.

Here's a tech-guard group before I painted them for some time ago (just in case u want to see the modelling):

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/Cristian_Ly/SkitariiGroupComplete.jpg

Say, those are pretty decent, brother.

My advice, carnosaur? Scour ebay. If you prefer a low budget don't sort them by lowest price, sort them by how soon they'll end. That way you can snap up unwanted stuff on the cheap. :D

Archived