Dornian Heresy White Scars - modeling questions and ideas

Hello everyone.

I am new to the B&C forum but have been reading articles from this site and posting on other forums for a few years now. I finally decided to make an account to help with my next big project: Dornian Hersy White Scars.

I read the PDF put up and couldn't resist. I love white scars, and I love Slaanesh. It was like the bubblegum ice cream of warhammer!

Now I have already started on all my foot troops and rhinos, mostly just basic chaos marines with extra trophies and chains (pics to come when I am not at work posting) However, I wanted to something big for my bike squad and my Deamon prince, and I was hoping to get some input on the ideas I had.

For the bikers (a big unit of 10 with a Chaos Lord on bike as well) Insted of bikes I was thinking of putting them on the WoC steeds. They are big and imposing, and would really stand out. It would be a throwback to the stories of Chogoris cavalry. Also, it ends up being cheaper on the wallet (and I have a newborn, so saving money is always good)

Good idea or bad idea?

The other peice of input I was looking for was for my deamon prince. In the fluff for the Dornian Heresy it mentions a demon prince that looked similar to a centaur, so I thought taking the Dragon Ogre Shaggoth body and kit bashing it with the new plastic demon prince torso would look awesome, and tie in the horses better. But I have never seen a shaggoth unbuilt. What pieces do they come in? is the torso separate from the legs?

Any input and ideas would be welcome. Thanks guys!

Hahaha, I do love the doom rider, but unless I can use his 2nd ed. rules he isn't as much fun.

I also already have a full army of SM bikes, so painting something else would be nice. I am just wondering if people would think CSM on horses would look stupid.

I've seen Berzerkers mounted on those self-same horses, the ones for the Chaos Knights, and they looked pretty good - realistically speaking they are amongst the few who look beefy enough to be able to take the weight of power armour without snapping the poor beasts' spine clean in half.

Archived