Assault on Black Reach

Hail brothers! I've been collecting Tau for some time and decided to start a Space Marine Force based on my DIY chapter the Lords of Silence. So I decided to get the Assault on Black Reach starter set. Looking at it I have a couple of questions...

1. Just because they're shown painted like Ultramarines, does it mean they have the symbols or what not on the actual models? What I'm pretty much asking is if I would have to file off the symbols or are they on the accessories that come with the kit?

2. How do they come packaged? Usually GW shows how the stuff is packaged but didn't show it for this set. Is it just a bunch of plastic sprues?

3. Are all the models plastic? If so does the captain come in several pieces? I would like to add a helmet but if I can't I can't (don't even mention converting since I'm not that good with that type of stuff).

Anyone who can help me with these 3 questions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Welcome to the true path brother!

1 - No ultramarine symbols are on the figures, the only molded markings on them will be symbols denoting they're tactical marines on the shoulder pads.

2 - It is indeed a bunch of sprues, along with the rule book, templats and dice.

3 - All the models are multi part 'snap' together plastics - they'll mostly hold together pretty well even without applying glue (although i wouldn't recommend it :) ).

Hope that helps.

The Captain comes in two parts...a back half (which goes on the base) and his chest, face, and (if memory serves) his boltgun arm.

The Dread is the only way to currently get a MM dread, but annoyingly his arm socket/join is a different size from the standard dread arm socket/joints...so you'll have to cut it up and use custom pinning and/or magnets if you want to swap other dread arms on to him some day. (Not a big deal.)

The terminators and tac marines are very static; no customization on them. You get a flamer and a ML which are both nice; the rest of the marines have boltguns. The sergeant is bolt pistol/chainsword which is a bit of a downer, but he's functional if you're just starting. :)

linky:

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/...ommander-p-5006

he comes in 4 bits:sword/backpack/head chest bolter and body

personally i found that you have to cut the "pegs" to get the sword to sit properly, and he is easy to convert to have a helmet

Edit: oOoOO thade so quick to the punch: but you are wrong sIr, you can get a Multi melta from forge world for your dreads if you don't want to have the "aobr" dread in your line up.

and i would have to say that if you are willing to work with green stuff and bits sellers (see above) i've converted the aobr sgt into LOTS of the different builds (personal fav is to give him an Aobr missile launcher)

this is also true for the tactical marines and the terminators. For the PA marines you have to cut and kit bash both the right and left hands if you want to make a plasma or melta gunner but it is possible. for the TDA you simple have to get the weapons and shoulder pads. Again personal fav is the TDA with the left handed storm bolter from the SW pack box and the right handed pointing power fist from the assault box, or you can use the right handed power sword from the same assault box and make up an off handed TDA sgt for your squad.

Thanks thade! I don't really play the tabletop and I'm just collecting for a future project which I gave the idea to Marshall2Crusaders as well. Some people have these tables in their houses donated to train sets so I thought of making a w40k scene. So while I'm disappointed by the lack of customization I could care less really.

Archived