Quannum's Wolves - An SW painting blog! [NEW PICS]

Quannum

To be frank (and no its not my name), painting is a very personal thing to all which is why we take is so personally.

Mold lines are a killer and I firmly agree on using a hand drill for gun barrels but use two different sizes for the barrel and the vents as it looks better.

DV8....your painting quality it too good and I hate you (purely because I cannot paint as well and want to steal your army for myself) but your right. If you ask for honesty...you'll get it ;)

DV8....your painting quality it too good and I hate you (purely because I cannot paint as well and want to steal your army for myself) but your right. If you ask for honesty...you'll get it

Honesty?? yeah def, delivery of said honesty, I would have to question that, but hell it aint my work,aint my thread ( soz Q) so It aint my problem. Though that said I also learnt some lessons from the feedback. Glad Q is "thickskinned".

I think your work is great Q!! I don't like the un-shaved mold lines or the blue bases either, but I assumed you would be fixing that (at least the bases) soon. I am not the best painter either, so washes and drybrushing are my current go to. I love you clean look, and I curse your ability to get yellow consistent and muted like that!! :cuss

Keep up the good work, you are destined to be a great painter!!

End of Line

As for the heavy/dirty wash look, I actually like that look/feel. I appreciate this might not be to everyone's taste or preference, but it's what I'm running with.

To each their own. Personally, I think it's a sloppy approach, but I understand its merits (speed and ease being a few of the more dominant reasons)

DV8....your painting quality it too good and I hate you (purely because I cannot paint as well and want to steal your army for myself) but your right. If you ask for honesty...you'll get it ;)

Lulz. Practice man! Nobody started this hobby amazing, me especially. Everybody claims they can't paint as well as someone else, but all it takes is diligence and lots of practice.

DV8

Archived