If you were a loyalist Legiones Astartes but were overlooked

I was wondering how did the purging of any possibly loyalist element of the traitorous forces get decided (circa Istvaan 3)? was it just marines who weren't in the lodge?

anyway the main question is if you were a loyalist marine and were not purged for some reason (clerical error, did something evil by mistake and were subsequently thought to be 'onside' or summat) what would you do?

a. keep schtum and go along with it for your own safety?

b. enter into a complicated existence of espionage and sabotage?

c. go out in a blaze of glory berzerker attack on horus?

d. see the [point of view of the Traitors and join in wholeheartedly?

e. something else?

I would play along i guess. But primarchs are said to read the hearts of their men easily (except Lion or Perturabo) so you can't really escape the radar unless you are an elite performer like Erebus. That man has talent sh*tting Horus and all that.

For me personally as things stand, it would have to either be answer B or C. :huh:

Than again, knowing what we do that the Emperor is a lying dog - i very well might go D, lol.

e. Sneak away as soon as possible. Alone I wouldn't be able to do much. I would steal a thunderhawk the instant I could and surrender myself to the loyalists. If possible it would be one with people who knew me, so they could vouch for me. While it's not going out in a blaze of glory, any details I could provide would hurt the traitors more in the end.

I'd collaborate until I could strike a really critical blow (say, lowering the shields on a certain battle barge) and then reveal myself as Alpharius!

(last part optional)

Well, I'm thinking that after Horus' display at Istvaan III I'd be horrified by him. And (Being a Space Marine and willing to die) head for a reactor core of a major ship, and see what I could do about overloading it/setting it off on a big boom. Preferable target, The Vengeful Spirit. Secondary choice...anything with a large number of traitor Astartes and/or traitor Primarch.

On another related note, the Power Reactor in a PA backpack, could that be set to overload?

Hmmm although I am really bad at it, probably try B and then go for running and fighting.

Fairly certain option B would end about a month into the charade with something like this.

*Ahah! I shall place this explosive device unobserved in the reactor room of *Insert Notable Traitor Ship Name* and none shall be any wiser!*

And while "nonchalantly" walking to the armory, reactor room, or docking bay (vital areas and all that) it would fall apart as a keen mind saw through my "brilliant" subterfuge.

Traitor Rosecrantz "Why Brother Mensch, is that a Exterminatus Warhead tucked under your arm ?"

Legionnaire Mensch "ummmmm.....no?"

That or the first week into it it would be blown with an awkward moment in the briefing room or mess hall with by yelling out a random "I'M LOYAL!...TO HORUS!...YEP!" just to cement my cover.

Yeah totally not loyal the Emperor or anything *shifty eyes shifty eyes*

Which then by default option C or option RUN LIKE HELL!!! followed shortly thereafter by option "death by numerous bolter rounds to the everything"

Archived