Black Templars cross.

Zincite

Sorry to say - yes! Too Templar. And nothing that says DAs apart from the paint scheme that - let's face it - could also be a derivative of another templar army (Iron Templars or what have you...). You see the Cross, the chains and the tabards are all strongly associated with templars. If you were to paint him dark green and white then it might be easier to associate him with DA visually (although still too Templar looking). Guardians of the Covenant color scheme is not immediately recognizeable as DAs unless the models and iconography convey the message. Right now they just look Templar. Sorry :)

Don't worry, I'm not going to burst into tears. :cuss

But I see your point. I'll try another colour scheme and see if that looks any better before I break out the dreaded sculpting putty. Aiming for something along these lines, but with more realistic colours.

spacemarine.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of code.

Indeed too templar....

Try to remove completely the cross from the tabards and sculpt the cross in the pad as a terminatus medal.If you can make gems on the edges or one at the center all the better.It will deviate moar.

Edit:Remove the cross from the chainsword too....

The paint scheme is good as it is (perhaps a chainmail highlight) but as said too much like a Templar. The cross on the tabard really needs to go. The chainsword one hides in the paint scheme and wouldn't be noticeable on the tabletop unless under close inspection. The shoulder pad one could go silver like the chapter symbol on the other side or pop it as suggested. To tie it into the Unforgiven more, freehand a sword like on the side of the chainsword or across the front of the tabard and hide the cross (what's left after a scraping) in the paint job. The sword will set them apart and are fairly easy to paint. Using your palette, stick to black on red white on the silver and silver/white on black. Bone can be used as an alternate but as these are Guardians, the bone link is not essential.

Archived