deathwing against Daemons

like the lion

i played daemons not too long ago and i got beat pretty bad. daemonic assault sucks balls. he had first turn so they all deep striked. he really didnt do anything first turn, he ran most of his guys. my first turn i put 4 wounds on kugath and lit up some bloodletters and killed a squad of screemers. then i assaulted the bloodletters and finished them off. then next turn one or two more units showed up from reserve. he assaulted my belial squad with some blood crushers and wiped out the whole unit. everything went down hill from there. he fried about two or three squads of terminators with some flamers, they are nasty. we played 2500 points this was my roster.

Beial-banner

9x5 terminator squads- cyclone, all hammers(BIG MISTAKE!)

2x predators- h. bolters, HK missile, PM storm bolter.

from what i remember he had, 2 heralds,2 princes, kugath, flamers, bloodlettersx2, bloodcrushers, the masque, soul grinder, and some horrors.

this was also my first time playing against daemons so now i know what im up against. i was thinking next game of using DWA with some bikes so that he cant corner me in my deployment zone which is what killed me also. im just worried about being outnumbered on the field so i dont think this might be a good deal. next game im definitely having at least two guys with claws in every squad and the rest hammers. i really dont like how they all pop up in your face. i was also thinking if i got first turn i could move then run up the field to give me room to back peddle.

i summed up priorities on the field like this so far

kill in this order

1. bloodcrushers

2. bloodletters

3. flamers

4.heralds and princes.

5. everything else.

i need some tips because i got whooped pretty bad and its usually ME doing the spanking!

Bloodcrushers are one of those units that's convinced me we need at least one Dreadnought in every list. Dreadnoughts are never useless, and every once in a while you encounter a unit that nothing else will do against. Bloodcrushers are a case in point. They're stupidly hard to kill and will rip through almost anything in assault. However, if you can assault them with a Dreadnought, there's not a blessed thing they can do to it. The Dreadnought won't kill them very fast, but it'll tie them up for the rest of the game, or until the Daemon player can get a monstrous creature in to rip up the Dread. Keep that from happening. Also, make sure your opponent is taking his mandatory moves to pile in. With a unit of BCs much bigger than 4, there should be little to no room for a Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince to get into BTB. He's not allowed to move BCs out of BTB to get his MC in there.

Also, a thought: storm shields are great, but there's something to be said for dakka. I'm thinking you only need a third to a half of all your Termies to have storm shields. The rest can have storm bolters and maybe a few chainfists. Keep them behind the THSS guys and they'll get a 4+ cover save which is almost as good as a 3++.

Your biggest problem was facing demons at 2500 points. Deathwing falls off heavily at those point levels unless your bringing a lot more armor or bikes while demons just get stronger the more they bring. They are similar to IG that way.

Archived