DA Anti Armour

Evil eyeball

I'm currently fluffing out a DA sucessor which would have little in the way of vehicles and loves plasma. So I'm curious what i might do against armour. Odviously theres termies and well maybe some non plasma devs

but i wanted sugestions that don't come in the form of vehicles or bikes.

That leaves terminators with chainfists and cyclone missile launchers, assault squads with melta bombs, devs with missiles/las/melta, vets with meltas/melta bombs. That's really about it. I guess 10 man tac squads with heavy weapons.

True AA attacks I would consider is the classic las. The range, the AP. I prefer a dev, seeing it as a more maneuverable unit to hunt armor.

For vehicles, I really strongly feel you should take the Landraider. Though expensive, it's better to pose as an obvious threat and that could take a beating pretty well. Arm it with 2 sponsons Las's and i think u'll pretty do well.

i used to play DA and had a Deathwing group with that Landraider spec. That thing saved my skin quite a couple of times.

True AA attacks I would consider is the classic las. The range, the AP. I prefer a dev, seeing it as a more maneuverable unit to hunt armor.

For vehicles, I really strongly feel you should take the Landraider. Though expensive, it's better to pose as an obvious threat and that could take a beating pretty well. Arm it with 2 sponsons Las's with the extra armor option and i think u'll pretty do well.

i used to play DA and had a Deathwing group with that Landraider spec. That thing saved my skin quite a couple of times.

I play Thousand Sons now, so I'm used to anti Armour being scarse. and Yeah no, Dreads don't fit with my vision of the chapter but maybe i can change that to allow for one or something, make some really beloved character guy who got put in one.

Veterans aren't bad for light and medium vehicle hunting. Arm them with a melta, buy 2 Plasma Pistols then give a few assault upgrades and melta bombs to them and you have a solid unit. 6 of 'em ride around in a Razorback with a lascannon (vehcicle, I know), and they can hunt AV12 and under vehicles quite well in shooting, and have a good chance at heavy vehicles in assault. Also, because they have low AP shots they can hunt Terminators and Monstrous Creatures if the enemy doesn't bring tanks to the table.

our best anti-armor choices:

#1 Ravenwing Support Squadron (Any variant with a meltagun works great, but the typhoon is top right now do to points efficiency)

#2 Ravenwing Attack Squadron (2 meltaguns and a multi-melta attack bike. Scouting, Outflanking, fast. Almost perfect)

#3 Predator (Autocannon with Lascannon Sponsons, long range, durable, and relatively points efficient)

#4 Deathwing Terminators (Chainfists, CML, and scoring to boot if you build your list properly)

If you're looking at just light to medium armor (AV 12 and less) Devastators (missiles) and Dreadnoughts (Autocannon/HF or LC/ML) become very good platforms as well.

Ruling out vehicles and bikes pretty much knocks out our top three anti-armor (Speeders, Preds, and Bike Squadrons) options right off the bat. For the points, you'll have a really hard time coming up with anything as effective. Can we ask: why the anti-vehicle kick?

I was going to do a DIY sucessor and the fluff i had written about them being similar in tactics to Legion Of The Damned would preclude them from having vehicles, yet I've decided I'm Gonna go with regular Standard DA to complete the set My girlfriend and I have going, She has SW and I have TS so now with DA in the house everyone hates Everyone to some extent.

and It gives me the perfect opertunity to model up some fallen to go alongside my TS army (Not sure why they would flock to a TS warband but ok.

Archived