Starting an Adeptus Mechanicus Army...

Greetings,

I'm planning to build an Adeptus Mechanicus themed army and I need your assistance.

After a careful ponderation I decided to base my army on C: Imperial Guard. I know the current trend is to base Adeptus Mechanicus lists on Codex: Grey Knights but GK are my main army and I want something different for this project.

I believe the best way to represent Adeptus Mechanicus is through the use of Titans but this choice will limit the use of the army to apoc battles, thus I decided to use C:IG.

In my opinion C:IG can represent an AD contigent beloging to an Explorator mission or even a force of the Ordo reductor.

Guardsmen may count as Skitarii (they should be more advanced than common guardsmen but that's the all we get :tu: ) while IG Tech-Priests stand as ordinary priesthood (given IG Tech-Priests stats and wargear I don't think they can count as Magos)

The presence of IG vehicles is self-explanatory since they are assembled on AM controlled Forge Worlds.

Do you have any suggestion for a high competitive army based on the above concepts?

Your assistence is very appreciated.

Archived