The Dark Saviour

The Fear

I have been re - reading Fulgrim.

During the sequence where Eldrad is exploring the possible futures for humanity it talks of him having already seen the most likely ending for humanity.

It talks about a world named for the end of days - which I understand.

It also talks of the final victory of the Dark Saviour.

I have done some searching on Google and a couple of forums, I cannot work out who the Dark Saviour might be! Seems like it could be Horus - but I was under the impression that the Big E effectively deletes him from existence at the end of the Heresy, so difficult to see how he could return to "win".

As far as I understand it the galaxy will be destroyed if Horus does not turn to chaos, because chaos will eventually kill everything and in the process kill itself, that is why its almost 'good', rather ironically, when Horus turns to chaos. Its also the only reason, as far as im aware, that Mortarion actually turns, because he has seen that unless chaos is allowed to roam free for a while then the whole galaxy will fall. So when the Eldar see into the future type thingy talks about the Dark Saviour he means Horus, because effectivly Horus has saved the Galaxy, but in the process has become a massive douche.... ;)

Thats my interpritation on it anyway, could be wayyyyy off

In order for Chaos to have been defeated Horus needed to win the Heresy as in his grief after killing the Emperor he was supposed to have gone on to exterminate mankind.. If you believe the Cabal... damn shifty Xenos!

Yep he is terrible, i think his personality comes out to much in his leadership, he tries to use force over tactics - comes across obviously in Soul Hunter.

I would say out of them all the Alpha Legion would probably be most efficient, at least i like to think so as i can't see many falling to chaos, i still see them as loyal for the most part.

I'd love for someone to do a 40K Alpha Legion novel.

Legion was :cuss -ing amazing. I love counterintelligence stuff so that was what made me love the book.

Exactly the same for me, Legion was my second favourite book in the series, close behind Horus Rising.

In order for Chaos to have been defeated Horus needed to win the Heresy as in his grief after killing the Emperor he was supposed to have gone on to exterminate mankind.. If you believe the Cabal... damn shifty Xenos!

Yeah, but remember, even for them the future can change :tu: (because it can for everyone)

I like the idea that it is Cypher... Dark Angel, Dark Savior. Why is he heading for Terra? What does he hope to accomplish? what will happen if he reforges the sword? Will Johnson come back? If he does, then so do the others prophesized to come back, IMO.

Or, will he kill the Emperor? Will he finally release him from his confines to battle chaos, and the Primarchs then return?

Interesting theories guys. Has anyone wondered what happened to the painting with the real fulgrim trapped inside? It could still be floating around!

Personally I think all your arguments so far have merit, but theres someone your forgetting. Alpharius. He was dark skinned wasnt he? Or am I making that up? Cant remember now lol. He told the Kabal he would find a third way, and it would explain why the twin primarch thing was introduced as we already know one of them was killed.

Although I can see sense in regarding Abaddon as the Dark Saviour, I think the circumstantial evidence leans more heavily towards Cypher. But then, when I saw the words "Dark Saviour" I immediately thought 'Abaddon'. Hmm. I feel a bit on the fence about this... :rolleyes:

Interesting theories guys. Has anyone wondered what happened to the painting with the real fulgrim trapped inside? It could still be floating around!

At the end of Fulgrim the daemon who is using his meat suit places this in the opera/theatre house on Fulgrims flagship leaving the last Phoenix in darkness, loved that line lol

Thanks for all the responses.

I had completely forgotten about Cypher! That would be really interesting.

I do not think it is Abaddon, do not see how the Saviour tag would apply to him. I had heard they were going to kill him off anyway! Happy to be corrected though.

Lorgar, Kor Phaelon (sp?) or Erebus make sense as they started the whole thing - and the idea of a Saviour is very religious.

What about the Big E himself - could he be the Dark Saviour?

Cypher is heading to Terra to tell the Emperor about the Lion and his actions. I'll doubt he'll get to Terra and standing before the Emperor all of a sudden say "you know what, who cares" and stabs the Emperor. Although saying that, if he did - STAR CHILD!!! WOOHOOO etc....

I don't think Eldrad knew about them. If he did he'd probably know things they did like the Imperium's lack of knowledge relating to chaos and be in on the plan to help Horus win. He'd probably be saying the opposite of his urging in Fulgrim.

Archived