My "Save the Emperor!" army.

thade

Looks head and shoulders taller to me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing- first off, the GW figure isn't standing up straight while the Scibor one is. Secondly, I think I'd prefer Custodes to be taller than Marines. :)

Also, I haven't forgotten your thread Thade, I just haven't had anything to contribute other than "looking good, can't wait for more!" :HQ:

Hey Thade, had a quick scroll through today, and want to reassure you of Scibors mini's being appropriate height, as I own a set myself, heres a scale pic for you...

You have just made my day, sir. I thank you.

My set is ordered (as of Saturday). Will probably be at least two weeks before I get them. I'm excited. I still have to build their Paladin proxies anyway (not many tournies will allow the Scribor models, I fear) but those guys are going to get special treatment.

• 2 weeks later...

A very brief (and very excited) update. My Scribor models have finally arrived in the mail. They look as near to perfect for their role as I could hope. They are significantly taller and larger than marines, to boot. I'm excited to start working on them...which will hopefully be next week, but that remains to be seen. Frankly I've got a tournament coming up for which I need to paint a few marines and I'm sooooo cloooooose to having my Dwarf army ready for me to finally learn fantasy...so I've been distracted for these past two weeks.

In other news, I managed to secure a SoB noggin and some SM clothy bits which I can use to decorate her shoulders. What I have not done is practiced any of those Fleurs things. Honestly, the idea intimidates me. (I have enough trouble painting shields on my marine shoulder plates.) I'll be practicing on marine shoulders before I go for her arms.

Archived