From The Shadows...

Hi guys!

I'm Daniel, born and raised in Sweden though I'm actually Armenian/Aramean. I have a relative who's crazy about 40K and wanted to get me into it also as it according to him was perfect for me. After 2 years of pestering me with stories about the God-Emperor, Roboute Guilliman, Marneus Calgar (yeah he really likes the UM) and a bunch of other whack stuff I finally took it upon me to give it an honest chance (Septermber 2010). Anyway I entered the 40K Wiki and read the intro and what an intro it is!

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

After this I was totally hooked and kept on reading some of the articles about the Emperor, Space Marines, The AdMech etc.etc. Then I made a huge Black Library Order from Amazon and have read something like 35 novels since. I've also been reading lots of codexes, Magazines, Comics and just anything 40K in general.

My favorite chapter is as you maybe suspect The Raven Guard. Though I do have a sweet spot for the Ultramarines and their Successors, The Imperial Fists and in particular The Black Templars.

Favorite Authors - ADB and Graham McNeil.

Favorite Books - The First Heretic, The Chapter's Due, The Ravenor and Eisenhorn books.

Least favored books - Prospero Burns wasn't a fun read at all, also didn't like Legion. Dan Abnett and Space Marines haven't worked out so good for me even though I think Horus Rising was brilliant. Hope Mr. Abnett gets his astartes work straight with the upcoming "know no fear".

Top 3

1. By the God-Emperor! Where is Corax...

2. Just mentioning Roboute Guilliman do have some kind of religious effect on me.

3. Emperor's Champion, there's been a few and by the God-Emperor Rogal Dorn and Sigismund will be forever venerated by me!

Ok I tend to babble, will stop now. Have a good one.

Cheers!

Hail and welcome, brother! My, haven't you be busy. :P It's good to hear that intro still has a significant effect on people, as it did on me so long ago. Well, enjoy your stay here and remember - if you have questions, ask us. We're a supportive community. ;)

Couple of other things;

One - Before asking a question, use the search function (usually near the bottom of a page) to check if what you want to know has been discussed before or not.

Two - A brief looky-loo at the forum's rules (if you haven't already) is a good idea, just to make yourself aware of the do's and don'ts here. There a link to page in my sig. ;)

Anyhoo, again, welcome to B&C and I look forward to seeing you around.

Archived