DA Army Log

Evil eyeball

Having just begun Dark Angles to complete the Trifecta of Space Wolves Thousand Sons and Dark Angels (The space wolves being my girlfriends.)

I decided to throw up a log over here on the DA forum to compliment my REPENT for tomorrow you DIE! WIP Painting converting and Artwork thread.

Here I plan to detail my plans for army lists and which marines/units are in the pipeline for the other thread. also I will show finished models as Well my painting skills are so far below hall of honor level I'd feel wrong posting there

C&C is welcome on all of this.

Models Finished

Plasma Cannon Marine with GS Robes

Models In progress

Plasma Cannon #2

Future projects and purchaces

Tech marine with Servo Hearness In Razorback with Lascannons (What do people think about riding a techy in his own personal Limo with las cannons on it so if they blow off he can fix them? I'd run tech servies too but thats one expensive unit.

Interrogator chaplain (Do i TDA this guy?)

Command Squad(s)

Well I for one look fwd for this (modeling part more than the tactical part admittedly). So you are dev marine down, let's see him! Obviously you'd need a couple of Tac squads before you move to more "esoteric" units like a Tech Marine... As for the Chaplain, the terminator figure is too much to resist, with the Jump Packed one a close second. The pa Chaplains are so-so in my view.

BTW what is GS robes?

Is there any unit in the DA book that might make use of wings? I really like the new Sanguinary guard models and the wings they have. I would love to build some DA assult marines with the Sanguinary guard Jump packs minus the wings I just think they are cool packs. But what might I use the wings for? Decoration on Baleil and his Faux Command Squad?

yeah i was just gonna put the packs from them onto a standard assault squad.

Just curious about the wings though. Ironically the first thing that popped to mind when i saw the wings was "Seraphim!" for a SoB army.

Questrion to the DA players, Do you at all use infantry Mounted Las Cannons?

I'm contemplating the Devistator marines I recieved.

I've assembled 2 as Plasma Cannons,

And I have left 2 Heavy Bolters

2 Las Cannons

and 1 Multi Melta.

I don't nececarily intend them to form a devistator squad but to potentially be spread throughout the army as heavy weapon choices.

Now concidering I have 3 sets of legs. What should I assemble the other marines as?

Where do you put Las?

I was kinda concidering rhino mounted tac marines with a melta and a multi melta for drive by vehicle poppings...

Now also Lets for a momemt assume I did want them as devs. what is ideal? 4 of the same? 2 and 2 split into Combat squads, If so I'd go Plasma Plasma and X X what i need is to solve for X... Or i could hopefully have a more steady job comming up which would afford a second box of devs which could result in having 4 plasma cannons.

Hey All: Update time. Last night I couldn't Sleep

SO I put together the following Microsoft word format documents (Created with Open Office so let me know if the conversion did anything crazy or if you want ODF files too)

DA Force Org

Blank Force Org Chart

and Unrelatedly

My Thousand Sons Force Org

Each contains a Force Organization chart with either Units I'd like to have in the pipeline for my armies, Or Blank boxes you can fill in.

It also contains 2 extra Dotted HQ Boxes for armies like Space wolves and Daemons which may allow 2 HQ Choices per HQ Slot and Contains 6 Unmarked Dotted boxes

Which can be used by copying the coresponding Force Org Symbol for units such as Command Squads, and DA Techmarines which count as units of type X without using any force org slots.

Hope you Enjoy them and don't hesitate to give me DA sugestions on how to fill the empty boxes. (Especially in HS) maybe I should get some more troop termie love?

Questrion to the DA players, Do you at all use infantry Mounted Las Cannons?

I'm contemplating the Devistator marines I recieved.

I've assembled 2 as Plasma Cannons,

And I have left 2 Heavy Bolters

2 Las Cannons

and 1 Multi Melta.

I don't nececarily intend them to form a devistator squad but to potentially be spread throughout the army as heavy weapon choices.

Now concidering I have 3 sets of legs. What should I assemble the other marines as?

Where do you put Las?

I was kinda concidering rhino mounted tac marines with a melta and a multi melta for drive by vehicle poppings...

Now also Lets for a momemt assume I did want them as devs. what is ideal? 4 of the same? 2 and 2 split into Combat squads, If so I'd go Plasma Plasma and X X what i need is to solve for X... Or i could hopefully have a more steady job comming up which would afford a second box of devs which could result in having 4 plasma cannons.

Since you have three legs left to work on, the clear option is;

1x MM

2x ML

This way you'll have all the bases covered.

• 2 weeks later...

SO I've decided that by Initially doing a Mixed wing force, I can expand the army in future to enough models to have a tourney sized 1850 list of each wing, And then mix and match at will, I like this plan as it can give me opportunities to field lots of different squads/minis/unit types I'm going to make an edit here in the next few days to the first post to make it a collection of pictures of what is done (as my painting is not HoH worthy IMHO. And will be updating the WIP thread. Sorry for the lack of updates but I'm moving and actively involved in the job search as I must find work lest i continue to be unemployed and barely paying my bills with the help of generous parents lending me money.

I had a promising interview on Thursday though, which Should hopefully turn into a good job in my field of expertise. *Keep your appendages crossed B&C*

I felt like i did Ok, But then again I never know myself when it comes to interviews.

• 1 month later...

I have 1.5 plasma cannoneers painted...

3 other hw marines partially assembled, and base coated...

3 bikes and attack bike and a land speeder on sprue

3 completed -handlebars and front armour bike chassis's

This is also my first foray into the world of magnetization... I've put magnets in the seats of those bike chassis's and in the ass of one pair of legs.

I wanna magnetize bike riders, and robed riders, for SGTS and SW dudes.

Update on the RW BATTLEFORCE

Hi all, So far I've assembled the 6 bike chassis' and attack bike chassis excluding the bolters and front shield which will be dificult to paint behind if assembled prior to painting.

I have put a magnet in the seat of each bilke and so far assembled 1 biker with magnetized crotch.

Magnetized the Heavy weapon bar on the Attack bike

Magnetized the heavy bolter and the MM for the A-bike

Magnetized Two Plasma guns and two flamers

also a power weapon and a power fist with eyes on doing 2 more of each

Partially assembled 1 robed biker with a magnet on one arm and a magnet in his crotch

Assembled the torso and arms of the attack bike gunner

Anyone know any nice kits that come with 1 or more melta guns in them? I need some meltas for bikers see, yeah

The plan is once i have all the bikes assembled and the bikers assembled to spray them black, Highlight and paint as necessary

Then to magnetize myself the landspeeder so i can Tornado, Typhoon, Samael it.

Archived