Subtle hints...

Brannick

**SPOILERS AHOY**

Through the HH series so far there have been many little hidden 'hints' for potential re-use at a later date in the series. My favourite so far is probably the inclusion of the Lacrymole within the Forgotten Sons short story within the Age of Darkness book. This could really appear as a nasty twist somewhere down the line.

I think we have probably done the Loken, Rylanor, Tarvitz 'thing' to death, but do you guys and gals have any other subtle favourites so far that you hope will be fleshed out later?

They're a species of shapeshifting aliens, they were declared extinct multiple times in the imperium's history, according to Age of Darkness even as early as the Great Crusade.

The first mention was in the Inquisitor Rulebook i think, in Age of Darkness the Xenos that the Salamander and the Ultramarine fought was a Lacrymole.

Without derailing the topic into an Ultra-hating, Matt Ward murdering shambloistic rant, I've never been a fan of the Mary sue portrayal of the boys in blue, especially as a Word Bearer fan. However, the HH novels have done a lot to change that for me in honesty and I would actually have to say that I'm very interested to see how/what/if Rowboat Girlymans threat of being the one to take Horus down pans out. (ref. Rules of Engagement).

Now Ofc I 'know' it's not gonna happen but a tactical genius like Mr Girlyman must have a plan so I'd be very interested to know what it was and why/how it went wrong.

Saa

Without derailing the topic into an Ultra-hating, Matt Ward murdering shambloistic rant, I've never been a fan of the Mary sue portrayal of the boys in blue, especially as a Word Bearer fan. However, the HH novels have done a lot to change that for me in honesty and I would actually have to say that I'm very interested to see how/what/if Rowboat Girlymans threat of being the one to take Horus down pans out. (ref. Rules of Engagement).

Now Ofc I 'know' it's not gonna happen but a tactical genius like Mr Girlyman must have a plan so I'd be very interested to know what it was and why/how it went wrong.

Saa

What does this have to do with Lacrymoles?

well, I think we can expect some serious and maybe unexpected character development of Rogal Dorn. In one of the stories in Age of Darkness ( Last Remembrancer, I think), Dorn demonstrates pretty serious disillusionment with the ideals of the Great Crusade. Also, in the HH interlude, The Watch Tower/Witch King, Dorn expresses concern that if he found out Horus' reasons for treason, he might agree. I bet these seeds of questioning and doubt factor in pretty substantially in the future -- how could they not?

Saa

What does this have to do with Lacrymoles?

Very little Gree. Why not head on back up to the OP and check out the last paragraph :P

The actions of the Alpha Legion, in the Faces of Treachery short in Age of Darkness. Out side of the fate of the 8 taken before the Emperor, The actions of the AL seem to me, to have the best chance of long range story lines.

This.

I enjoyed this short story. It opens up alot of potential as to what plans the AL have for all the Primarchs, that is if it's the AL's plans...

Plus did'nt they (Alpha Legion) stop World Eaters from attacking the remaining Raven Guard who were rescuing Corax after the massacre?

Yes, although I doubt it was because they were being good in a loyalist sense.

Why do you think that? I can not think of many more good acts then to save the life of a Brother Primarch and legion. This might also be the tip of their iceberg. I think maybe they did a LOT more to help out the Loyalist on Isstvan V. Maybe they saved Vulcan also. Maybe they distracted the Traitors so that the few Loyalists could escape. Maybe they reported false locations of the Raven Guard/ Salamanders and sent the traitors on a bunch of wild goose chases....

Why do you think that? I can not think of many more good acts then to save the life of a Brother Primarch and legion. This might also be the tip of their iceberg. I think maybe they did a LOT more to help out the Loyalist on Isstvan V. Maybe they saved Vulcan also. Maybe they distracted the Traitors so that the few Loyalists could escape. Maybe they reported false locations of the Raven Guard/ Salamanders and sent the traitors on a bunch of wild goose chases....

Haven't you ever heard a villain use the phrase, "No! I need them alive!"?

The Alpha Legions plans are far greater reaching than they appear, and the fact that they might need Corax and his legion somewhere else in the galaxy at a point in the future may explain their actions in the story.

Haven't you ever heard a villain use the phrase, "No! I need them alive!"?

The Alpha Legions plans are far greater reaching than they appear, and the fact that they might need Corax and his legion somewhere else in the galaxy at a point in the future may explain their actions in the story.

Pretty much what I was thinking. The Alpha Legion may have joined the Heresy to try and save the universe and the Imperium from a long and stagnant death, but I have no doubts that they have no loyalties to the other legions and would willing sacrifice any of them to complete the 'mission'. For this mission I suspect that Corax or even just having the Raven Guard in a state where they will be able to fight after a set amount of time would be required at some point years in the future. :)

Archived