Caliban infantry regiments.

Grimdarkness

In the HH books it describe a caliban regiment being founded it dose not say if these regiments fought alongside the legion like the spireguard did.

My idea is that one of these regiments was granted colnazation rights to a world near the end of crusade during the scoring the regiment and its support companies recreate a caliban type world. I.E the knightly orders and fortress keeps maybe a forested world as well

Around the 5th or 6th founding the D.A gene seed was used and the new chapter was nudged towards this planet. I have being seeing the dark angel's as playing a very very long game and they have fingers in a lot of imperial organizations so controlling a new chapter and old stock calibanets not so far fetched.(sp)

Dose it work or is it a little to much like a decaf Dark Angel chapter.

Also thinking about making all thunder hawk pilots female but thats a whole other kettle of fish.

Thanks could use some other ideas if you have em.

You can move it to index or liber as well if you need to.

Hmm, the Caliban regiment idea (a la spireguard) is pretty good but to have DA successors there is a corny coincidence. Perhaps a vanilla chapter went there instead and, upon finding the natives ancestry, decided to model themselves on the DAs (wear robes or something - they'd declare they're spiritual successors yadda yadda yadda). But the main diffence? They aren't part of the Unforgiven and thus can only ape the DAs as opposed to being kin with them. They'd be cousins, rather than true brothers, so to speak. How's that? :D

I think the Caliban Infantry regiments is a great excuse to start an IG army :P. Unfortunately well out of the scope of this forum - but I see them as being of a light infantry/Jaeger/light mech type force with mobile artillery support rather than a heavily tanked force. With black capercaillie feathers in their wide-brimmed hats or battle helmets as the real world Italian Bersaglieri regiment ^_^ [Google it].

Personally I think it unlikely that such a force would be given such colonisation rights as you suggest - they'd maybe form part of a local pdf or colonised defence force yes, perhaps even under Unforgiven control, though I suspect the larger Imperial Army's Administratum would want such control if they went off-planet.

However, I like the idea of combined ops with Chapters of the Unforgiven. In truth I'm not sure if it would be entirely feasible but why not? The DA have their own Fleet, why not a fully functioning non-Astartes army too to help man it and for planetry defence?

This is a pretty cool idea. You could even have the Chapter use this world as sort of a recruiting planet. I would imagine that other people have made IG armies to compliment their Space Marine Chapters before, and I don't see why you can't do it here as well.

I don't see why you can't do it here as well.

*Mod hat on* Just to point out that in terms of the B&C – detailed IG Codex army-based discussion isn't allowed. There are, apparently, other places on the interwebs for such things.

I don't see why you can't do it here as well.

*Mod hat on* Just to point out that in terms of the B&C – detailed IG Codex army-based discussion isn't allowed. There are, apparently, other places on the interwebs for such things.

Oh no, I didn't mean here on the forums, I meant here in this situation. Don't take me to the chaplains, please!

All kidding aside, Grimdarkness has the beginning of a really cool storyline, and if done properly can become a really cool looking army in the future. A friend of mine wants to play Ravenwing alongside my Deathwing one day, 4000 points of Unforgiven wrath to smite our foes. Hopefully in the future we can have some great 2v2 battles, both of our forces combining to take down some nasty orks.

Doing some thinking at work today it was slow.

The world and the settelment of caliban infantry is unknown to either the locals or the chapter.

A couple of centuries after there founding the dark past of the D.A is exposed to the chapter by a fallen angel. In there rage the chapter set out to destroy the fallen for close to two hundred odd years. Earning the ire of most imperial organizations and draws the eye of the inqustion. There madness is only halted by the intervention of the Tower of angels with the SGM jumping into the chapters latest fleet deployment.

With the conformation of the events and the fall of caliban and a new purpose the chapter sets out to capture the fallen who set them on there path to damnation.

I,m hoping to do a scaled down sorta of death/raven wing by having the chapter seeking only the Fallen that has been a thorn in there side for thousands of years.

It's all about the long game the fallen hoping to destroy the chapter and the chapter trying to save itself from walking the path of damnation.

Thoughts.

Archived