Magnus and the Flesh Change

Clone

Something I have been wondering since reading a Thousand Sons is this: What would've happened to Magnus if he hadn't made a deal with Tzeentch and the TSons were all over taken by the flesh change?

Would another legion be raised with his gene seed or would he become a legion of one and work for the Emperor as a sort of Equerry?

That's an interesting question actually. Though the whole story reeks of ill thought out GW shenannigans. I've always had a bit of an issue with Empy not knowing about/helping Magnus deal with fixing the flesh change.

And more importantly, why he never questioned HOW it stopped when Magnus made his Faustian pact with the lord of chickens.(apologies, my facetious name for Tzeentch)

"you mean it's just stopped ?" said Empy "just like that? Wow your like totally lucky dude"

.....and yes the emperor was a surfer

Saa

Would another legion be raised with his gene seed or would he become a legion of one and work for the Emperor as a sort of Equerry?

I think he would have another legion raised for him in a similar way that Fulgrim had when he had issues with his legion (although I think it was more building up in regards of the Emperors Children rather than completely rebuilding in this scenario for the Thousand Sons).

Then again it's possible that the Emperor may have not bothered and just chained Magnus up whilst he started his work on the Golden Throne and invading the Webway.

That's an interesting question actually. Though the whole story reeks of ill thought out GW shenannigans. I've always had a bit of an issue with Empy not knowing about/helping Magnus deal with fixing the flesh change.

And more importantly, why he never questioned HOW it stopped when Magnus made his Faustian pact with the lord of chickens.(apologies, my facetious name for Tzeentch)

"you mean it's just stopped ?" said Empy "just like that? Wow your like totally lucky dude"

.....and yes the emperor was a surfer

Saa

I thought I just missed something. Maybe Magnus insisted on being the one to correct the flesh change to show he was the equal of The Emperor? Maybe its all a part of the over arching plan of The Emperors that is the Horus Heresy.

Perhaps the Emperor intended for the Thousand Sons to be destroyed as a Legion so that Magnus would have no choice but to be on the Golden Throne.

As much as the idea means the Emperor would have to be a cold, callous git to do that, it sounds like something he'd do. It's a little chessmaster-ish, mind you.

Or he would have told Magnus to assist him with the Webway.

Perhaps the Emperor intended for the Thousand Sons to be destroyed as a Legion so that Magnus would have no choice but to be on the Golden Throne.

See, that's what I'm thinking. The Emperor purposely put the flesh-change in the Thousand Sons to destroy them and use Magnus on the Golden Throne.

He experimented on the Emperors Children first, but made sure their 'genetic failure' wasn't completely fatal.

Thank you for that theory, Shady, Duster :)

That theory doesn't make any sense.

He could easily just have not made the Thousand Sons if he didn't want them to exist. In that scenario he could've just landed on Prospero and recruited Magnus to build the Golden throne, instead of make him lead a doomed legion.

That theory doesn't make any sense.

He could easily just have not made the Thousand Sons if he didn't want them to exist. In that scenario he could've just landed on Prospero and recruited Magnus to build the Golden throne, instead of make him lead a doomed legion.

To be fair, "I'm sorry about your loss my son, here be the first person to check out daddy's new toy" would likely go over far better than "Welcome to the universe, now get in the chair"

Archived