2nd primarch

thenightmare

Well, it could have been the magnetude. The other two legions happened in more isolation, without tearing the Galaxy apart, so few might have actually experienced it, where as EVERYONE experienced the Horus Heresy. It is hard to cover up something everyone saw

And yet the majority of the Imperium knows nothing of the Traitor Legions...

I think the point being made here is that while the people of the Imperium do not know, we as the audience know because it is one of the largest events in the setting which occurred on a galactic scale.. And it also paves the way for allowing the existance of one of the playable factions. Aka Chaos Marines/Renegade Marines.

I think it is safe to say that atleast as in Prospero Burns

Leman Russ is referred to as the Emperors executioner long before being sent after Magnus the Red and states that there had been an instance of Brother against Brother even before the council of Naketa started.

I think there is more chance of all the living Loyal and traitor Primarchs returning for Abbaddons next black crusade then the fate of either of the two missing ones being anything more than hinted at.

Well, it could have been the magnetude. The other two legions happened in more isolation, without tearing the Galaxy apart, so few might have actually experienced it, where as EVERYONE experienced the Horus Heresy. It is hard to cover up something everyone saw

And yet the majority of the Imperium knows nothing of the Traitor Legions...

I think the point being made here is that while the people of the Imperium do not know, we as the audience know because it is one of the largest events in the setting which occurred on a galactic scale.. And it also paves the way for allowing the existance of one of the playable factions. Aka Chaos Marines/Renegade Marines.

Granted, but we as an audience know much about stuff very obscure in other capacities and scales. Whilst the mystery was great when we only had the Codex books and Index Astartes articles, now the Heresy is being fleshed out so dramatically it just makes so much less sense to leave out the very 1st instance of "brother on brother" which puts context into much of the events we subsequently see.

So I'm going to have to respectfully disagree the mystery should never be revealed.

Not sure if this is the right post to put this in, or if it has even been brought up before as I am way behind on my Heresy reading. I just finished reading the collected visions book, and towards the end when the emperor reveals the throne to Dorn and Malcador he mentions the reasoning behind it. Without spoiling anything, the Emperor also mentions that he already lost a secret army in the webway there. The emperor mentions this secret army in addition to the Sisters of Silence, the Custodes, and the Imperial Army. What else could it have been? Since we know that the 2 legions did exist, maybe this would explain the fate of at least one of them.

Not sure if this is the right post to put this in, or if it has even been brought up before as I am way behind on my Heresy reading. I just finished reading the collected visions book, and towards the end when the emperor reveals the throne to Dorn and Malcador he mentions the reasoning behind it. Without spoiling anything, the Emperor also mentions that he already lost a secret army in the webway there. The emperor mentions this secret army in addition to the Sisters of Silence, the Custodes, and the Imperial Army. What else could it have been? Since we know that the 2 legions did exist, maybe this would explain the fate of at least one of them.

The Legions were hardly secret though.

Revealing the second primarchs is a recipe for disaster.

For example I would want an apathetic primarch. All the others are high achievers, its lame. One that just doesn't care about anything. When on the great crusade he would never fight with his armies, instead he'd be lounging on his capital ship, doing whatever. If a planet during the great crusade refused him and the emperor, he'd destroy them for orbit. A tactless bastard with no heart at all.

I am 100% sure no one else wants that. Hence the problem with revealing the Missing primarchs.

Archived